Chapter 6: If You Love Something, Let it Go part I

Forks, Washington State

"Please," Elijah said, making Angela's brunette female companion to turn around and face him, his heart almost bursting out of his chest. "Call me, Elijah."

"Well, Elijah." The boy replied, holding his hand to shake. "I'm Ben and this is Isabella Swan, but she likes to be called…"

"Bella." Elijah replied, making Bella's eyebrows rise in confusion. "Angela had the pleasure of telling me a little about you, like how you like people calling you Bella instead of Isabella."

"Oh." Bella replied, smiling. "Well, that's me… Bella"

Elijah giggled, taking the empty seat between Angela and Bella; his eyes never leaving Bella's chocolate ones.

"So," Ben said, trying to make small talk; but Elijah also noticed that a few other customers had somehow made their tables a little more closer to where Elijah sat. "Have you seen the whole town? I know we are small, but you should see the historic features of this town."

"That's why I am here," Elijah replied, smiling at their confused faces. "I am a historian, I writing a book on the history of Forks."

"You may want to also check out La Push" Bella said, taking a sip of her coke, smiling at Elijah's confused expression. "It's a Native Indian reserve an hour or two drive on the outskirts of Forks."

"A Native Indian reserve, you say?" Elijah asked, watching Bella nod her answer. "Hm, maybe that will give me a little insight on their history with the town."

"And you can also ask Charlie," Bella said, making Elijah look confused again. "I mean my dad… He's the… Er- Police Chief of Forks."

"Your father's the Chief of Police?"

"Uh, yeah…" Bella replied, smiling once.

"Well, I must go and speak to him then as well."

"When your book is published," Bella said, her hand uncontrollably went onto Elijah's. "I must have a copy."

"You'll be the first, apart from my family." Elijah said, with a wink which made Bella blush.

Edward Cullen watched from a distance as Bella started talking to the man known as Elijah, it could be a mere coincidence that Bella started muttering the name 'Elijah' and this man happens to have the same name. Edward's jaw tightened as he seen Bella place her hand on top of Elijah's, then Elijah muttered something to her which made her blush.

Suddenly Edward's phone started to ring, knowing that it could be one of his family members, Edward flipped the phone opened; not even bothering to see who was the caller.

"Yes?"

"Hello, Eddie."

"Victoria." Edward hissed, his eyes turning black with anger. "How did you get my number?"

"I have my ways," Victoria taunted, then sighed. "My, isn't that your precious little human I see flirting with another?"

"What are you talking about?" Edward replied, jumping out of his Volvo, to search through the treetops surrounding the diner. "Where are you?"

"You look so confused spinning around trying to search for me within the treetops," Victoria taunted again, a small giggle escaped from her. "But you see, I'm not in the trees…"

"Then where are you!" Edward snarled into the phone.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" Victoria replied, giggling again. "It's called hide and seek, I hide while you try and seek me out, better hurry… You don't want your pet in hospital again or worst…"