Chapter 23: Dance with me (Part I)

Bella started to slightly panic as Edward neared the Mikaelson Manor, she didn't know what to say or think; Bella had been avoiding them, mainly Elijah because of the fact that she looks exactly like Isabel, Elijah deceased wife.

Was the Mikaelsons, mainly Elijah only because of that small factor or was it something entirely different?

"What are you thinking about?" Edward asked suddenly, making the human girl look at him.

"Victoria," Bella lied easily, well isn't truly a lie. "And the newborn army"

"Don't worry, love," Edward reassured her. "We'll keep you safe."

"What about you, your family, the pack, Caroline, Angela, Matt..." Bella asked, making Edward look at her. "The Mikaelsons... Elijah? What about them? Can you assure me that they'll be safe? That you'll be safe? You putting your lives on the line here, can't you see I'm not afraid for me, I'm afraid for all of you?"

Edward was slightly speechless, he didn't know what to say after that; so he decided to say silent. When he drove into the Mikaelson's driveway and parked the car, he turned to look at Bella who also was about to step out of the car.

"Stay here, Bella." Edward slightly demanded, giving her his crooked smile but she in returned looked at him fully annoyed and well, angry.

"I'm not a dog, Edward." Bella snapped as she opened the car door and slammed it shut, making the body of his Volvo shake.

What has happened to my sweet Bella? Edward thought as he too, stepped out of the car and walked up the stairs leading to the front of door of the Manor She use to listen to me, now she's not... What has happened?

"Can you please listen to me?"

"I have been listening to you Edward," Bella replied as she stopped at the Mikaelson's front door. "If you quit being so overprotective, maybe just maybe we can agree on some things!"

Edward was about to reply, when the one man that either Edward or Bella didn't want to see at that moment opened the door, Elijah.

"Bella, Edward." Elijah said, smiling once. "What do we owe the pleasure of your company?"

"Bella thinks she knows who's behind the newborn army." Edward replied, slightly annoyed and angry at the way Elijah's eyes were looking at Bella, he then snake his arm around her waist and looked dangerously at the Original vampire before him.

"I don't think," Bella said, looking irritated at Edward and pushed his arm away from her waist. "I know."

"Do come in," Elijah said as he moved out of the way for the human girl and her Cold One boyfriend could enter the warm house. "Forgive the mess; mother and the girls are planning a ball."

"A ball?" Edward repeated; irritated at the fact that the Mikaelsons were focusing more on planning a party then protecting his beloved Bella. "When a newborn army is on their way here to destroy Bella?"

"Well, we do need to keep up our façade do we not, Cullen?" Elijah replied, sounding slightly annoyed.

"What about protecting Bella?" Edward tried to argue.

"What about protecting the town instead of me?" Bella asked; making both vampires look her. "I mean, you honestly think that a whole army of vampires, Cold ones to be exact, are just going to stop because I'm dead?"

"Don't think like that, love." Edward said, kissing her cheek. "I won't let that happen."

"Nor will I," Elijah added earning a small growl from Edward. "Or my family."