"Doll, Look at Me, Please Look at Me"

You shivered in your makeshift coat, the New York winter hitting hard this year. You had just left your date with Bucky, already missing his warm touch. He made a side comment on how you'd "freeze to death doll, with that piece of cloth you call a coat". You smiled lightheartedly, diminishing the comment. But what he didn't know was you were freezing to death, not having enough money to warn your small apartment. You barely had enough money to keep food on the table.
    You turned towards your home, pulling out your keys, the cold medal stinging on your already cold skin. You shivered again, stepping inside your apartment. The cold air hit you immediately, your breathes coming in gray clouds. You pulled your coat tighter around your body, the coat not doing much. Maybe you should have told Bucky. He would have helped. You shook your head, you didn't want to seem like a charity case. You loved him for him. Not the money he could give you. A knock brought you from your thoughts, causing you to jump. You turned around, opening the door, seeing Bucky.
    "BB-Bucky what are you doing here?" You asked, shivering once again. Bucky's smile dropped quickly and he pulled you close sucking in a quick breath.
    "Doll, it's freezing in here- don't you turn the heat on?" Bucky asked, pulling you close to his warm body. He pulled off his coat, putting it on you. You looked down from Bucky's gaze, shameful of his eyes. "Doll look at me, please look at me." You shook your head, a few tears falling from your closed eyes. "How long darlin', how long?" Bucky asked nuzzling your cold body against his. He pulled you inside, closing the door trying to conserve heat.
    "6 months." Bucky swore himself under his breath, rubbing small circles on your back.
    "I should've noticed darlin'. I'm such a fool. God forgive me please," he whispered to you, repeating various phrases under his breath. "Come with me baby, I'll take care of you. I'm gonna take you home sweetie, wrap you up nice n' warm' bed. Make you some nice eggs'n bacon cause' I know you like bacon doll. Hold you all mornin' and lay in bed. Okay? You're stayin' with me and Ma now. She won't mind. She loves ya' like her own sweetheart." Bucky said into your ear, holding you close to conserve warmth.
-----——–————
    "You two better not be doin' anything insensible in there or so help me James," his mother called from the kitchen. He chuckled as he kissed you, leaning up to meet your arching body.
    "You gotta be quiet doll. She'll catch us." Bucky said, hiking you legs up to straddle him. You giggled into his neck, rolling your hips playfully against his. He groaned, ha grip becoming tighter. The distant footsteps of his mother caused you to pull yourself away from him, red faced and giggling.
    "James Buchannon Barnes, if you knock her up at all-"
   "Oh Ma, don't kill the mood."
   "-you are going to get it-"
    "Ma, Ma I get it, alright. It's okay, well use rubber."
    "James! Not in my house, you already leave enough of a mess when you-"
     "Ma! Not here, not now please."
     "No babies James." His mother said with a huff. James looked to you, face reddened, a smirk splayed across his face.