Kittens-Part Two

Since that day in the bathroom James avoided you- more so than he did before. He spent his time with the kittens- playing with them, feeding them, grooming them. Anything to get his mind off of you. But it's not easy to not think about the person sleeping in the room next to you.
----------------------------
"Y/N?" James voice woke you from your sleep, surprising you.

"James? Is everything okay?" You asked sitting up and rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

"Can I come in?" He asked, his voice soft, like a child's.

"Yeah, you can come in," you said. His voice worried you. He wasn't usually this.....frail. James came in quietly, laying in bed beside you. He pulled you close wrapping his arms around your protectively. "James, what happened?"

"Please, not now," he replied, smelling your hair-relaxed by the floral scent. You didn't pester him, you let him fall asleep. He needed it. He rarely slept through the night and you didn't want to be the reason he lost sleep. Closing your eyes you soon fell asleep as well.
-------------------------------
"No, don't....." James voice came from behind you. His arms loosened and tightened around your frame. He must be having a nightmare.

"James?"

"Don't touch her.....I swear....."

"James honey, wake up," you said turning in his arms. His brows furrowed, his jaw tight.

"Please, not her......"

"James.." You said a little louder.

"No! Take me...."

"James!"

"Not her!"

"James!" You shook him, his eyes opening, busy shuddering. He pulled you close, hands tangling in your hair, nose pressed against your chest. He trembled, letting you hold him. "James honey, everything is okay. You're here with me, you're safe." He nodded not saying anything. "James, talk to me." He looked at you, eyes wide and watery. Slowly he used his hands to trace the lines of your face, your nose and lips, your collar bone, your hair line.

"I love you Y/N." He said softly, pulling you close to kiss you. His lips touched yours softly and then again more urgently. He kissed your eye lids and the top of your nose, your neck and shoulder and made his way back to your lips. "I love you so much." He said, resting his forehead on yours. You went to respond, to tell him that you loved him, but he put a finger to your lips, silencing you. He shook his head.
"I know you love me, you don't have to say it." He said piling you close to his warm body. "Sleep Y/N, I'll be okay for tonight."