Chapter Twelve: Wind and Blade

Sesshomaru's POV

I had to leave [Y/N] behind at the campsite once again when I went to fetch Jaken from Kaijinbo's home in the swamp. He was late, and I was beginning to become impatient with the toad demon. I would have brought the girl with me, but I thought it would have been better if she remained there, where she would be safe. There were no demons that I could sense in that forest, and that was most of time. [Y/N] would be fine by herself.

I arrived at the wooden hut at around twilight and left Ah-Un outside. I entered the small shelter, seeing that Kaijinbo and any evidence of a demon sword was gone. However, I did see that Jaken's small body was lying on the floor, cut in half.

"This must be Kaijinbo's doing." I unsheathed Tenseiga. I was able to see the small netherworld creatures with their miniscle scythes. I swept Tenseiga over Jaken's body once and the creatures were destroyed. I saw Jaken blink a moment later and I turned away from him to put Tenseiga away. I heard him muttering to himself about being drawn in half.

"Let's go, Jaken. Hurry and put your body back together," I said, still not looking at him.

"S-S-S-Sesshomaru-sama! Did you perhaps bring me back to life with Tenseiga?" His voice showed that he was relieved, but completely shocked.

"Who else besides me is capable of such a thing?"

"N-n-no one, no one at all, Sesshomaru-sama!" I could hear his loud blubbering and it was especially annoying when combined with his already-too-annoying voice.

"Did Kaijinbo finish the sword?" I asked.

"Oh, y-yes, he did. Kaijinbo claimed that he had forged the demon sword. But his eyes looked so strange, like... It was like he was possessed by the sword."

"Hm... I see." I began walking out of the hut. "Come. We are heading back."

TIMESKIP

[Y/N]'s POV

I looked up from the glowing fire in front of me and sighed. "He's late, Lord Sesshomaru..." I said to myself. Oh well. He couldn't always be on time, could he? Something had to have come up so that he couldn't be back at our campsite yet.

...Could he be hurt? If that was what happened, he wouldn't be able to return for several days. Although, I could always take Ah-Un to find him and care for my lord myself. Oh wait... Ah-Un is with Lord Sesshomaru, I thought.

That was when I heard footsteps from always behind me, and muttering. "Where did Kaijinbo go with that sword?!" It was Master Jaken who said that, walking next to Lord Sesshomaru and holding Ah-Un by their reins. I smiled and stood up.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" I ran towards him. He looked up from me to the forest behind me.

"Stop, [Y/N]. Do not move." I gasped in surprise and froze in my place, standing on one foot. Why I couldn't have stood on both, I'm not completely sure, but Lord Sesshomaru told me not to move, so I wouldn't move from that position until I was told I could. I watched Lord Sesshomaru leap into the air and use his claws to break something behind me; it sounded a lot like the cracking and falling of tree trunks. I shut my eyes, waiting for some kind of impact. But there was none. Instead, I heard the sound of something light land on the ground.

"A woman..." Lord Sesshomaru said from behind me. Master Jaken sniffed the air.

"This smell... It is just like that strange person who approached you with the arm with the Sacred Jewel fragment... The one wearing the baboon hide."