Chapter Nineteen: Cats and Dogs

Sesshomaru's POV

After turning down every demon who had tried to form alliances with me for my upcoming battle with the Panther-Demon tribe, I arrived in the area where they were hiding. Night had fallen and I thought that [Y/N] would be making herself supper by now if she had not done that already. She won't need to worry. I'll be back by morning at the very latest.

Inuyasha and his group of comrades finally noticed me once I landed on the ground, causing a small explosion and clouds of dust to gather in the air.

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha said.

"What is going on, Karan? I'm the one you have business with," I stated.

"So the big brother finally appears!" Karan, another member of the tribe, said. "Nothing could be better with the two of you here. Sons of the Great Dog Demon, we will be waiting for you at the castle!" Karan and the other members of her tribe then left us.

"What are you doing here, Sesshomaru?!" Inuyasha asked angrily.

"I should ask you the same. Get out of here!" I said.

"What? But Kagome's been kidnapped by those cats--"

"SILENCE, Inuyasha!" I used my sword  to knock him backwards into a small building. "Just remember this: Your heart was stolen by a mortal and you ended up under seal because of it. You have no right to be a part of this war."

"B-but Sesshomaru-sama, you can't be very picky for allies with times like this--" I stepped on Jaken as I walked away from the scene.

Inuyasha was never even remotely involved with this war against the Panther-Demon tribe. He has absolutely no right to take part in it!

[Y/N]'s POV

It was getting to be evening, and the stars were out again. The full moon tonight was beautiful and bright, and it was just the right temperature outside. The breeze was cool, but not cold.

Still... I thought, remembering that night when I had slept next to Lord Sesshomaru, It would be kind of nice to fall asleep on his mokomoko again. It was so soft...! I smiled. I was glad that Lord Sesshomaru had asked about what had happened to me, because every person that I'd ever known (except for Rin, of course) who knew that I had been nearly killed by a demon didn't want to listen to me when I tried to talk to them. The villagers who took me in were kind enough to nurse me back to health, but that was about all they did for me. They somehow got the idea that I had gained powers from Naraku because of how deep my wounds were and how weak I seemed to be. What could I say? I was traumatized!

Rin was the one person who accepted me. I was glad that someone finally came along and treated me as if I was a normal human being, and it gave me relief and the feeling that I wasn't all alone.

When Lord Sesshomaru and I talked about what had happened to me back then, I got the same feeling as when Rin joined me in the village. Maybe it was because he was a demon, or because he was stronger than anyone I had ever met (besides Naraku; I couldn't tell how strong he was compared to Lord Sesshomaru), but the fact that he had been willing to take me in in the first place made me very happy. Even when Rin and I lived together, I couldn't have conversations as comforting as the one I had with Lord Sesshomaru, partly because she wasn't able to speak. I had told her some of what happened to me, of course, but not every little detail. I didn't want to burden her with the awful story when she seemed to be in a much worse condition than I was after she came to the village--she was mute, and therefore couldn't tell me everything that she wanted or was thinking.

Lord Sesshomaru had listened to me as well as spoken to me as if we were equals that night, not him the superior and I the inferior. Not that he didn't treat me nicely... He just did whatever he needed to do and I went along with him. I didn't mind, and I liked being able to see new places all the time. It was refreshing after life in the village.