Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson and a New Adventure

[Y/N]'s POV

Lord Sesshomaru, Master Jaken, A-Un and I were traveling through a foggy area of the mountains. It seemed to be fairly early, but there was so much fog and most that it seemed to be evening already.

A-Un reached a cliffside and stopped there. I was riding on their back and shifted to see past their necks. "Where are we?" I asked.

"This is the place where a giant demon called Ryukotsei was sealed," Master Jaken replied. But to destroy that demon without leaving a trace of it... Sesshomaru-sama, is this truly the work of Inuyasha?"

"I don't know just how he did it," Lord Sesshomaru stated.

"Hmm... Just imagine Inuyasha defeating Ryukotsei. It took all of your father's power just to place him under a seal."

I couldn't hear Master Jaken very well anymore, as Lord Sesshomaru had already left and A-Un was following him.

"Oh, don't leave me behind, Sesshomaru-sama!" I heard Master Jaken yell. I laughed at his reaction and turned to see him catching up to us.

"Lord Sesshomaru, do you know what time of day it is? I think it feels later than it is," I said.

"It's only about noon."

"Really? In that case, may I look for some food when we next come upon a forest or stream or somewhere?" I asked.

"You may. It will be awhile until then, however."

"I'll be okay. Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru." I thought for a moment. "B-but if that hinders you, we don't have to stop!"

"I already said that you may look for food then, [Y/N]. It will not hinder me."

"...Okay, my lord." I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. Silly [Y/N], if he says yes, he means it. If he says no, he means it. You have to remember that!

I laid on my back on top of A-Un, watching the scenes of nature go by. As we headed down the mountain, the mist slowly disappeared over time.

"[Y/N]," Lord Sesshomaru said.

"Y-yes, Lord Sesshomaru?" I pushed myself up from my lying position to look at the demon lord.

"I have spotted a stream not very far from here on the outskirts of a forest. You may search for food when we get down there," he said.

"Ah, thank you for telling me, my lord!" I smiled at the back of his head. He said nothing after that.

Hm, sometimes I wish that Sesshomaru was a bit more talkative than he is... I sighed and then smiled. But I appreciate him for just how he is, too. I know that I can talk to him if I have any problems, and that's enough for me. Just so long as he respects me enough to care for me the way that he does, I'm fine with him. And just as long as I don't get in his way, he's fine with me staying with him. And I'm fairly sure that Master Jaken has warmed up to me too. I laughed to myself remembering all of the things that Jaken would do that would make me laugh. Not on purpose, of course, and I felt bad for his humiliation sometimes, but I hoped that he didn't think that I disliked him. I don't think he does, I thought. I looked down at him from atop A-Un. Hopefully that isn't the case.

-----YOU READERS ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL AND THANK YOU FOR BEING SUPPORTIVE EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T BEEN WRITING MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL----- TIMESKIP

The four of us arrived at the spot Lord Sesshomaru had seen, at a small stream just inside a forest. It was sunny and warm down here instead of cold and misty. Lord Sesshomaru stopped and sat down on the ground against a tree trunk while I climbed off of A-Un's back. I glanced at the stream to see that there were fish swimming in the current. "Perfect!" I said to myself, holding up the hem of my kimono and stepping into the cool water. "Ahh, this feels great..."