Chapter Fifteen: My Wish

Lord Sesshomaru, Master Jaken and I were walking through a forest at night time. I looked up at the clear, starry sky to see the moon; it was once again just a crescent.

"The moon is about to disappear," I said to myself. As I watched the sky, a sudden small light flashed in the distance. "A shooting star!" I closed my eyes to make a wish, as you do when a shooting star is seen.

But what should I wish for that I don't already have? I asked myself. That's it! I'll wish for what I already have! I placed both hands over my heart and mentally said, I wish to stay with Lord Sesshomaru forever and ever.

"[Y/N]." Lord Sesshomaru's voice said from in front of me. I looked over at him. "Don't fall behind."

"Right! Sorry," I said, jogging to catch up with him.

Sesshomaru's POV

Evil spirit... Why are you so restless? I thought.

It was later when anyone spoke again, and it was Jaken who did.

"It sparkled! A star just sparkled! Did you see it, Sesshomaru-sama?" I didn't reply. I then heard [Y/N]'s voice pipe up from behind me.

"I saw it, Master Jaken. It was very pretty," she said. "Um, excuse me Lord Sesshomaru, but may I rest for a bit? It's getting late."

"Sleep on Ah-Un's back if you so choose, [Y/N]," I told her.

"Okay!"

[Y/N]'s POV

I went over to Ah-Un and gently pulled on their reins to get them to stop. I climbed up on their back and got them to start walking again. I laid down on my back on their saddle and looked up at the starry sky, getting the full view of them.

They're so beautiful, I thought. When I was younger, my family and I would go outside on warm summer nights and lay in the soft grass by our house, stargazing for what would feel like forever.

--------FLASHBACK--------

The night sky was as clear as water, and sparkled like diamonds. The air was warm with a slight cool breeze, a refreshing feeling when combined with the soft, cool grass underneath me.

"Mommy, when a person leaves the world, where do they go?" I asked.

"Well, [Y/N], they go and live up in the sky and become one with the stars." Mom smiled. "My mother and your father's father are up there, looking down at us right now."

"Really, Mommy?" I looked over at her. She nodded.

"When you see a star shoot by, [Y/N], it means someone up there is giving you the chance to make a wish. Never pass it up, [Y/N]. Wishes can be rare, and they should not be taken for granted. So whenever you get the chance, my girl, make a wish you know you will treasure."

"Okay, Mommy," I said. She smiled at me and took my small hand in her larger one. My father and [little brother's name] had already fallen asleep.

"Are you wide awake, [Y/N]?" Mom asked me.

"I think so, Mommy."

"Well, come on then. We'll dance!" she said. I gave her an excited smile and followed her over to a spot near the forest, where we twirled and danced and laughed underneath the starry sky for hours.

--------FLASHBACK OVER--------

Mom... Dad... Are you up there now? Can you see me looking up at you? Are you the ones who sent me the shooting star? I thought. I smiled up at the crescent moon. "Thank you, Mom and Dad," I whispered. I turned my head to look at my lord. "Good night, Lord Sesshomaru," I said. No reply. "Good night, Master Jaken." Again, no reply. I sighed, and then turned to look up at the sky once again. I fell asleep to the soft sounds of the wind and to the vision of my family smiling down at me from the heavenly place they were in now.