17. Coke

Soraya's POV:

I walked towards my locker, hoping that no one would really pay that much attention to me. No one knew that I had dyed my hair a new colour, yet my wish was granted. I blended into the background like I didn't exist and I was able to put my maths book back in my locker, I had taken it with me to do homework, without anyone trying to talk to me. I walked to home class with my head down, my hair blocking me from the world. I was wearing pale blue skinny jeans, black lace up boots and an oversized jumper. I didn't want anyone to look at me, I wanted to hide.

"What the fuck man?!" I heard someone shout, but I ignored the familiarity of the voice.

"Dude, what the hell?" that voice... I was accustomed to hearing it. I looked up and found Ashton holding Xavier up against the lockers. Xavier looked like he was in pain, but Ashton wasn't listening to him.

"Don't you 'what the hell' me you piece of crap." Ashton snapped, his hand starting to grip the collar of Xavier's shirt even more than before. What the hell was going on here? Why would these best friends be arguing?

"Guys! What the fuck?!" Alistair shouted, he must have been the one that shouted before. That was when I realised that this was about the weekend, about what had happened at Xavier's party.

"At the party, did you even know where Soraya was half the time? Were you even around her? Weren't you even slightly worried?!" Ashton started shouting, and then I knew for sure that it was about me.

"I thought she went home." Xavier said. I went over to them.

"You wish she did-"

"Ashton." I said quietly, trying to gain his attention.

"-but instead she ended up-"

"Ashton, don't!" I shouted, trying to stop him from telling and from hurting his best friend.

"Soraya, you could have been-"

"It doesn't matter!" I shouted, pulling on his shirt to try and get him away from Xavier.

"Yes it does, if I hadn't of been there to help you, you would never even know!" He shouted, and I could tell he was getting extremely worked up over this.

"Ashton, it wasn't his fault!" I scream, tears starting to fill my eyes. "This isn't worth hurting one of your best friends over!"

"And it's worth you being in danger? Being hurt?" he stopped shouting, his words suddenly taking on a more concerned edge rather than angry.

"Seriously, stop. It's fine, I'm fine, no one got hurt. No one that matters anyway..." I trailed off. He took a step away from Xavier, anger still visible on his face and in his eyes, but it was struggling to be overtaken by concern. "You don't need to hurt him." I added, my breath shaking as I wiped my eyes. I couldn't understand why Ashton was so impassioned about this whole situation.

"What happened? Ashton?" Xavier asked, he seemed almost lost, looking to his best friend for answers, but I cut them off before Ashton could even try to explain away the situation.

"We should get to class." I stated abruptly, swiftly turning on my heel to punctuate my words as I all but ran away.

***

When I got there I moved to sit with Raven, it had been a while since I had talked to my original group of friends.

"Hey." I said to him, and he looked over at me.

"Hi." He responded, and he ran a hand through his shaggy, black hair. "How was the party on Friday?"

"It was good, I think... I haven't really been to any parties to compare." I responded. I was lying straight to his face, but he would never notice. "What did you do over the weekend?"