28. Big Reveals

Soraya's POV:

The car ride was silent, as I thought it would be. Even the radio was off, and the only sounds were the engine and him tapping his fingers against the steering wheel with impatience. He changed gears as he indicated to turn down my road, reminding me of the party when he was drugged, and how I had somehow made it back to my house in his manual car. It was the few car rides with him since then that I had focused on how he drove, the points when he changed gears and the way he actually just drove.

He parked in my driveway like normal, and when I got out I didn't wait for him as I went to the door and unlocked it, walking in. Zeke wasn't home, probably visiting Xavier again, Kelley was getting things for the club before going to set up and Dave would be on his way to work. So again, I was home by myself, which had only just started scaring the shit out of me.

What if Adam knew I was by myself? He would be able to come in here so easily...

Don't think about that, you're fine. You've got Ashton here with you, and Adam wouldn't do something as stupid as come into this house. I turned to watch Ashton as he walked inside and closing the door behind him. When my eyes caught on something out the window; a pastel blue car was parked on the side of the road, a car that I had never seen before.

"Soraya, what the hell is going on?" He asked. Am I being paranoid or could the person sitting in the driver's seat be Adam? I mean, they look like they have blonde hair... I shut the curtains and looked around the lounge room. "Soraya, you're kinda scaring the shit out of me..." he added as I ran to the other windows on the bottom floor and closed those too, just in case. God, I am so paranoid... but if anyone else were in this situation I am sure they would do the exact same thing.

"Soraya, for the love of god, what the actual fuck is going on?" He questioned, and I paused my panicking to look at him. "Talk to me."

"No." I responded. "I know you want me to tell you but I don't think I can tell you because that means telling you the one thing I haven't told a single soul on this entire planet and if he knows that I've told someone he'll come after you and that won't be pretty and I don't want you getting hurt because of me."

"Well I don't want you getting hurt because you won't talk to me." He crossed his arms.

"No." I replied.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Yes." Oh damn, I fell for that old trick. Holy shit, how did I fall for that?

"Talk to me, Soraya." He told me, I took a deep breath as I tried not to snap at him, but it was extremely difficult. But I eventually calmed down enough to sigh in defeat, realising that he would find out one way or another... and it would be best coming from me.

"Fine." I took a deep breath, "I'll tell you. But you have to promise you won't think differently of me." I turned to look at him, searching his expression for something, anything to let me know that he wouldn't run away.

"Ray..." He trailed off reaching out to touch my arm but thinking better of it in light of the situation, "You know I would never think any different of you - Unless you're about to tell me you're a murderer, then I might have to re-think our friendship a bit.." he tried a bit of a smile at that, probably hoping to lighten the mood.

"Okay fine. You would surely know by now that there's a reason as to why... why I don't let people touch me." I started, he nodded in response. "And I'm sure that you've already guessed as to what happened to me..." I trailed off, he nodded again. "Well, if you've been thinking what I think you've been thinking, you're probably right. Of the thirteen foster homes I've been in, one of them... something really bad happened there, I was forced to live in a basement with a shitty bed and five other girls, I was thirteen at the time. I just - What you need to know is that he was seventeen when everything happened, he should have known better, but he didn't or didn't care because he picked me. He abused me, forced me to do his chores, hit me and... more."