3. Dude... That's Not A Guy...

Ashton's POV

"Dude, why are you late?" Alistair asked as I moved to take my seat up the back of the classroom.

"Had to drop off the twins this morning, mum had to work" I replied with a shrug and placed my bag on the floor by my feet, "besides, I'm not that late"

"Mr Klarence, I would appreciate if you did not come into my class late and then disrupt it" Mr Winston spoke up from the front of the classroom, a frown present on his wrinkled face,

"Sorry Sir, it's just the class has missed out on 15 minutes of my glorious voice and I figured, hey why not make up for it now? So really I'm doing society a favour if you think about it" I pointed out, arrogantly pushing back in my chair and leaning backwards with my feet up on the desk.

"Well you will be happy to know that the other students in detention will love it when you grace them with your presence after school today"

"Hey! That's not fair I had detention yesterday" I protested in outrage, who does he think he is handing me a detention for simply stating my opinion?

"Yes, and you failed to attend detention yesterday and therefore have two days of detention starting this afternoon, is that understood Mr Klarence?" Mr Winston replied, with a pointed glare in my direction,

"But I can't make it tonight" I protested, mum had a double shift today and I would have to pick up the twins again.

"Parties aren't a legitimate reason for not attending detention" Mr Winston deadpanned, uncapping the lid on the white board marker in his hand with a scowl.

"But-"

"There will be no 'buts', my decision is final. Unless you would like to make it three day's of detention?"

"No Mr Winston" I grumbled unhappily and slumped back in my chair whilst Alistair snickered next to me,

"Mr Kingston, do you wish to join him?" Mr Winston directed towards Alistair, who promptly shut up and sat straighter in his seat, under the Math's teachers stern gaze.

"No Sir" He replied and Mr Winston shot us one last glare before returning to the front of the class,

*

"Hey did you guys hear about the new dude?" Xavier called as he walked up to my locker, where I was currently attempting to stuff my geography book haphazardly into it. Alistair was leaning against the one next to me boredly.

"What?" I asked distractedly,

"There's a new guy starting today" he repeated,

"Man, what new guy" Alistair replied instead and I silently thanked him as I fought to make extra room in my locker,

"Well it's not like its a secret, half the school knows, Rodney's in the loop, he let it slip that there's a dude starting today" Xavier shrugged, "But anyway recon he'll be cool?" he asked, leaning against the door of my locker just as my geography book made a flying leap right onto his foot, "fuck that hurt" he hissed and bent down to pick it up, only to have my psychology text book to come tumbling out as well.

"Xavier watch ou-... oh never mind" Well that was unlucky... and sure to leave a bump.

"Fuck you man" Xavier exclaimed and Alistair let out a strangled noise as he tried to not laugh at our friend's ill-fortune.

Inevitably both Alistair and I ended up on the floor laughing too hard for our own good and causing a massive scene in the hallway. People looked on strangely but none were too bothered, after all why would they be? We were popular, meaning no one would have the balls to get angry at us.