8. There's a baseball team?!?!

Soraya’s POV

“So… what happened?” Raven asked me, just as confused as I was.

“Well, Alistair came up to us and you guys left. Then he asked me to help him out in Spanish, and then he asked me to go to a party with him. Then he didn’t understand when I said I wouldn’t go out with him, eventually I got it through to him…” I explained, trailing off as I thought about the turn down he got, I would rather fuck a pig than fuck you. That was some great creativity if I do say so myself.

“Right, we get that part but what was the rest again?” Jackson asked me next.

“Ashton came over, and Alistair said something about Ashton not getting in the way and I'm not entirely sure what happened after that…” I lied, replaying what had happened in my head.

“But… but…” the poor boy was struggling for words. “Ashton wasn’t getting in my way…” he trailed off.

“What? How does this have anything to do with Ass?” I asked him, his face became pale in response. “Alistair?”

“You say anything and the deals off.” Ashton said bluntly as he snapped out of his hysterics.

What was this deal he was on about? If Alistair already failed, how can the deal still be on? Surely the deal finished because he didn’t get me. Why would they call the deal off? What is this deal?

“Yo, are you alright?” Wilbur asked me.

“I'm confused, that’s all.” I responded straight away.

“Why would you get in the way of asking me out?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“Urg, I always get the hot girls, and he wanted you. I decided I would give up one of my future girls for my friend.”

Okay, so Ass and his friends think I'm hot and that they have a chance with me. They want me. This is weird and I don't like it. “You look damn confused.” Wilbur agreed with me from before.

“Oh well, that’s great to know.” I said sarcastically. Still thinking about what Ashton had said… one of his future girls, hmm? I highly, very highly, doubt that’s going to happen. Actually, I know that’s not going to happen.

“Hey! HEY GUYS!” I heard Willow shouting.

“What is it Will?!” I shouted back.

“Did you know that our school had a baseball team?” she asked all of us. I shook my head, and when I looked around everyone else was doing the same.

“No, why?” I summed up everyone’s answers and their probable questions. I was now interested in this, very interested.

“Because they're having try outs for it. I was just surpri-”

“When?” I cut her off, not caring for why she was asking if we knew. I wanted to know how I could get onto this team.

“Now, on the football oval.” She responded, I didn’t hear anything else as I picked up my bag and started running the direction of the football oval. If there is even a slim chance that I could play the singular sport I love, I would take it and milk it for all its worth. I heard the calls of my friends but I was too busy running to my dream to even acknowledge them.

I made it in time for the coach to be asking who was present. I set my bag on the ground next to the others and went over to the line of teenage boys. Why was I the only girl here? “A girl?” the only boy who was standing next to the coach asked.