4. Victoria Has A Secret

Soraya’s POV

“How’s your job hunting going?” Ezekiel asked me, it’s cool to have an older brother… even if there is no actual relation to them whatsoever.

“Zeke, it’s going terribly. I get the resume in, I get a phone call, I get an interview… and when I get the interview everything goes downhill.” I said.

“Have you asked Kelley for a job at the club yet?” he offered a new idea.

“No, I didn’t think I would be old enough…” I trailed off. “Do you think she would take me in?”

“Of course she will. As long as you have the work ethic, she’ll take you.” He answered.

“Brilliant, I’ll ask Kelley when I get back from my run… she might be awake then.” I said as I finished off my white chocolate mocha.

“You’ll ask me what?” I heard a tired Kelley ask as she walked into the kitchen with her hair knotted and matted while it also stuck out in many different directions. Her eye make-up from the night before was smudged to make her look like a raccoon, obviously she didn’t wash her face when she got home, and she looked in desperate need of caffeine.

“You look great.” I said seriously.

“I feel coffee.” She responded, earning a weird look from me and Zeke.

“You what?” Zeke asked, taking the exact question I was going to give.

“Crap. I can’t English and it’s only midday.” She stated.

“Actually, it’s practically three in the afternoon.” I corrected her. She looked at the clock in response.

“Shit.” She stated simply. “Now, you were going to ask me what?” she changed the subject completely.

“Uh, well, because my job searching isn’t going to well…” I trailed off as Zeke left the room. Don't you dare leave me Zeke! I need back-up here.

“What about it?” she asked me.

“I was wondering if there was any possible way that I could maybe…” I trailed off again.

“I can barely manage to say what I'm trying to say, let alone what you’re trying to say.” She told me bluntly.

“Could I maybe possibly get a job at the club until I manage to get a different job?” I asked her.

“You want a job at the club?” She asked me and I nodded in response. She started laughing, which I thought would be a bad thing.

“So I don't got a job?”

“Oh no, you got a job. Trust me, you’ve got it. I just don't know why you didn’t ask me earlier…” she trailed off.

“I didn’t think of it. Zeke was the one that told me to ask you.” I answered. I think she went to hug me, but then remembered about the fact that I don't like being touched.

“Okay, fair enough. Now, if you’re going to work there we need to get you new clothes.” She stated.

“Um, you don’t have to buy me clothes… after I work for a bit I’ll be able to afford my ow-”

“No. you are now my daughter and I will treat you like so. I may not have been able to watch you grow up, but what matters is now.”  She told me.

“Okay, and you know you don't even have to pay me full, you could pay me only half and I wouldn’t care.” I told her.

“Sweetie, I’ll pay you full. Now, let’s go buy some clothes.”

***

“What kind of clothes am I aiming for?” I asked as Kelley disappeared behind a rack of clothes.