Betrayal

Jerry was jamming out on his acoustic, ignoring the conversation that entered the living room from the front door. Mike finally stopped by and brought his girlfriend, Erica (the girl he had met at the drug detox wing Layne was being treated at). Mike tapped into the living room & gave his old friend a look.

"Jerry?" Mike called out as he peered over at Erica, who was grinning. She was amused by how Jerry was basically blowing him off. "Jeeeeeeerryyyyy..." Mike went on, walking closer to the skinny blonde.

Jerry wailed out a solo from his guitar, his eyes closed.

"JERRY!" Mike screamed.

Jerry jumped, eyes shot wide as he quickly spun around to look at Mike. "How the fuck did you two get in here?!"

Erica laughed. "Your door was unlocked."

"Damn..." Jerry muttered. He set his guitar against the wall & lit a cigarette. "I really need to tell Layne and Nicky to keep that locked, what the fuck."

Mike smiled, tugging his guitar case off his back and setting it down next to Jerry's acoustic. "Where is that crazy bastard, anyways?"

"Probably upstairs having sex with his woman," Jerry growled as he took a sharp long drag from his smoke.

Mike tapped over to the stairs, winking over at Erica. He cupped his hands around his mouth. "LAYNE!!!" He screamed. He cringed when he caught Jerry moaning and holding his ears in pain. He laughed, mouthing 'sorry' to him, only to get a snide smirk back from Jerry.

"LAYNE! I KNOW YOU'RE UP THERE FUCKING! PUT YOUR BABY DICK AWAY AND COME DOWN HERE!" Mike continued, now halfway up the steps.

"WHAT THE FUCK JER--" Layne stopped himself when he opened his bedroom door to see Mike standing at the steps, smiling maliciously at him. "Fucking baby dick, really?"

Mike laughed, but before he could respond, Nicky stumbled out, only wearing her bra & a pair of jeans...unbuttoned.

"Doesn't feel like a baby dick to me!" Nicky shouted. Her bright turquoise eyes widened when they fell on Mike. "Oh, fuck no," she exclaimed. She attempted to go back into the bedroom but Layne stopped her.

"Sorry for...what I said...a while ago," Mike muttered to her as he scratched at his scalp uncomfortably.

Her face burnt red. "Yeah, you fucking SHOULD BE--"

"Babe, chill out, he's apologizing," Layne interrupted, wrapping his arm around her.

She sighed & rolled her eyes. "It's okaaaaay, Mike," she grumbled sarcastically, glaring back at the brunette, a tired look on her face. When she noticed Mike was pointedly looking at her electric blue bra, she wrapped her arms around herself & laughed. "Yeah...I'm gonna... Put some CLOTHES on," she announced bashfully, scurrying back into the bedroom.

Layne smirked at Mike, zipping up his fly & buttoning his pants as he made his way down the stairs. He jumped when he heard Erica shriek & pull him into a hug.

"Oh my gosh, you look amazing!" she blubbered. She let go of him, continuing to eye him. "How long have you been sober?!"

Jerry raised his brows. His light eyes followed Layne as he disappeared awkwardly into the kitchen and came back out with a Smirnoff ice in his hand.

"Been sober for 2 months now since Jer got Nicky and I to move in," Layne muttered, gulping down some of his alcoholic drink.

Mike laughed as he kept his eyes on the bottle of malt beer. Those brown eyes slanted back to Jerry, who just shook his head at him and shrugged.