History

WHAT LAYNE LOOKS LIKE IN ZIS CHAPTER:

I freaking ❤️ this photo of him, he looked so happy and SOBER

I freaking ❤️ this photo of him, he looked so happy and SOBER.  ☹☹☹ RIP Layne...

OH AND FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, this is what Layne meant when he said "peacock hair" lol:

*******

"Jesus, Layne, can't you sit still?!" Briana shouted over the loud buzzing sound of the clippers.  She laughed when he glared up at her deviously, fidgeting again.  "I'm going to mess up your hair!"

Layne laughed.  "How can you mess it up?!  You're basically shaving it."

Briana grinned & finished buzzing off the last bit of raggedy long hair off the top of his head.  She ran her hand through his now extremely short hair, smiling into the mirror that was infront of them.

"You look really good," she commented.  He really did.  In the past month that he had been staying with her, he had regained his health back. His face was filled out, his skin had color, & his eyes had this glow in them that she'd never seen before.

She loved his eyes...

She bit her lip & turned away, trying to ignore the fact that her feelings for him were growing more serious.

Layne didn't seem to notice, though.  He got up, brushing the loose hairs off his shoulders into her bath tub.  He bent down and tossed the tarp covered with hair in it, shaking it out.  He immediately stopped when he felt Briana's hand on his shoulder.

"I can take care of it," she said to him with a smile.

"You sure?" He asked, brow creased.  "Because I can do it...  I mean you cut my hair and all."

She nodded at him, reaching to grab the tarp.  Layne slipped when he tried to get out of the tub, ending up with him wrapping his arms around Briana to keep himself from falling.  The air thickened when they just stood there, staring at each other, their faces just a kiss away...