The End of A Nightmare

"Well, I think that's all of it," Layne said, scratching his brow. He glared at the huge Uhaul semi-truck that was loaded with all of their belongings. His heart tugged at the strings of his soul. This was harder than he expected it to be. Turning to Briana, he eyed their Jeep that had his motorcycle towed to the back of it. Mike was waiting in the back seat of the jeep, chain-smoking cigarettes again.

Layne licked his lips & sighed. He jumped slightly when he felt a hand pat him on his back. He turned around to the Uhaul truck, realizing it was Sean & Jerry. "Thanks for helping out," Layne told them, eyeing them down. They both looked sad yet proud at the same time.

"It's no problem, L," Jerry said, winking at him. His eyes slightly teared up. "I'm going to miss you like crazy, though..."

Layne bit his lip, his eyes sliding over to Sean. He had that famous smirk plastered on his long thin face. "We'll visit you guys," Sean said. Layne was shocked when he noticed there were tears standing in his dark eyes as well.

Layne couldn't help himself. He spread his arms wide open, hugging the both of them. "I love you guys," Layne whimpered.

Sean grinned up at him. "Ima miss yo fine ASS."

Layne & Jerry laughed & immediately backed away from each other. "Holy shit, I feel like I've been freaking molested now," Layne blurted out, still laughing.

Sean hugged him again. "No, but seriously... I love you both, man," Sean said. He was sobbing.

Layne sighed, glaring over at Jerry. He had tears rolling down his cheeks, his long blond hair blowing around in the wind & getting tangled.

"We're really proud of you guys, you know?" Jerry commented. He wiped the tears away from his face. He sighed & grinned wide. "Even inspired me to cut back a bit on the green..."

Sean nodded, scratching at his scalp. "I haven't drank in two weeks."

"Wow, that's fucking amazing," Layne said. He started crying again. "Oh my god, that's great..."

"Yeah, we kinda realized we were being hypocritical dicks," Sean sighed. He forced another sly smirk, tilting his head at him. "So glad this is over. And you and Mike can move on and finally fucking LIVE. You guys deserve it."

Layne nodded, smirking. They all cried again. Layne turned to Mike, who was halfway hanging out of the jeep. "MIKE!" Layne shouted at him. "Get your FAGGOT ass over here!"

Mike laughed & rolled his eyes. He slumped out of the jeep & tapped over to the three of his sobbing friends. They all hugged each other & cried.

"Oh my god this is sappy," Mike whimpered. They all laughed again. "We need to make a second Sap album."

Sean laughed. "Jerry & Layne could just cry & scream into the microphones while you and I could play violins."

"Oh my fucking god Sean," Layne breathed, laughing again.

Jerry nodded at Sean. "Come on, let's get into this freaking monster of a vehicle & start this move, man."

Sean nodded. He patted Layne & Mike on their backs again before disappearing into the passenger seat of the Uhaul semi-truck. "So fucking proud," Sean stated again, winking at them. He shut the door to the vehicle.

When they all heard it rumble on, Briana sighed. "Well, this is it," she said, eyeing Mike & Layne.

Layne's eyes grew wide. "A new freaking beginning..."

Briana smiled & kissed him. She ran her hand through his overgrown curly blond hair. "A new & better start, babe."

Mike sniffled & shook his head. "Let's... Let's just get moving, guys. This is making me emotional as fuck, I feel like a baby."

Layne laughed, squeezing his shoulder. "It's because you ARE a baby, baby."

Mike giggled as they all sat into the jeep. "I'm YOUR baby, sweet cheeks."

Layne cringed, turning to see Briana laughing as she turned the car on. "Oh god, Mike, don't."

Mike laughed, leaning back a bit in his seat. He lit another smoke, his eyes watering again as he glanced out the window. Their old home slowly but surely disappeared out of view.

All of them were silent, just smoking cigarettes & listening to music on the radio as they watched Seattle swipe past them. Soon, all they could see was the pavement of the highway, the cars zipping past one another in a hurry.

They all felt like they were in slow motion. And their hearts ached with fear, yet anticipation for the near future.

The nightmare was finally over.

They could finally live again.