What's Wrong With Them?

Ed's POV
I was peacefully sleeping in my bedroom when the was a knock at my door. The knocking ended up waking me up. I grumbled as I stood up and walked towards the door. "I swear if it's Mustang again I'm gonna kick his stupid face." I grumbled. It actually happened before. He showed up early in the morning on my day off and dragged me on a mission. After it was done, I kicked him right in the face. I opened up the door. "Hey Brother. Long time no see huh?" Al asked. "A-Al..." I trailed off. He smiled and I couldn't help but smile too. I walked inside and Al looked at me in confusion. "What? Get inside Al. It's your home too." I ordered. "Isn't the General living here too?" Al asked. I looked at him, a mixture of pure shock, and confusion. "Al? What are you talking about?" I questioned. "Nevermind." He replied as he walked in. I nodded. "Oh. Actually I have to give my report back to the General." He explained. I nodded. "I'll go with you." I suggested. Al tried to stiffle a laugh. "Brother, I wouldn't go out wearing pajamas. Get dressed first okay?" He said. I nodded and walked into my room, getting dressed. I walked back out and sighed. I was wearing a dark navy blue button up shirt and black pants. Al noolded in approval and with that, we walked towards Central Command.
Al's POV
Ed and I walked into Central and we headed to General Mustang's office. "Welcome back Al. Good morning Major Elric." Hawkeye greeted. I smiled. "Hi Lieutenant." I replied. "Morning." Ed grumbled. Ed and I walked into the General's office. "Welcome back Alphonse. How'd the mission go?" Mustang asked. "It went well Sir. Here's my report." I replied, handing it to him. "Fullmetal what are you doing here? Didn't you have the day off?" He asked. Ed scoffed. "Is it bad to accompany my little brother to your office?" Ed replied. "Fair enough." Mustang said. "Your dismissed. Both of you." He sighed. We nodded and walked out. "Ah hold on a minute Brother." I said, seeing Hawkeye and Havoc talking to one another. Ed nodded as I walked towards them. "Could I ask you two a question?" I asked. "What's up?" Havoc asked. "What happened between Ed and the General? When I left five years ago, they had lived in the same house. And now their not. And why is Ed a Major? Wasn't he a Colonel?" I questioned. Havoc grumbled. "I don't know. And could care less." He said, as he walked away. "Sorry about him Alphonse. It's a very sensitive topic around here....I have to go...." Hawkeye apologized. I walked back over to Ed. "Can we go home now?" He asked. I nodded. "Sure."
Ed's POV
When we got home, I looked at Al. "Want anything to drink?" I asked. "Sure." He replied. "Orange juice okay?" I asked. He nodded. I poured two cups of orange juice and placed them on the table. "So, was the research in Xing helpful?" I asked. Al nodded. "Yeah! I found out a lot of stuff!" Al exclaimed happily. I smiled. "I still can't believe you joined the military as a State Alchemist. And you chose to work under Mustang. Mustang of all people! He's horrible! A sarcastic jerk who sends you on stupid missions! I would know! He's still my superior." I ranted. Al nervously laughed. "It's not funny! Anyways, what was your title again? The Soulplanting Alchemist?" I asked. "What?! No! I'm the Soulbinding Alchemist! Geez Brother!" Al exclaimed. He had accidentally knocked over his cup, making it fall on the ground. "Sorry Ed!" He apologized. I smiled and waved it off. "It's fine. I can fix it." I replied, clapping my hands together and placing them on the ground near the spot where the broken cup was. I fixed it and grabbed paper towels. Al looked at me, mouth hanging open in shock. "Brother you......you used alchemy!" He exclaimed. "Well I am the Fullmetal Alchemist."

Al have been brought back yay! But now he has a mystery on his hands. What happened between Ed and Roy?