Investigations Are Fun

Al's POV
Winry and I followed Ed to work the next morning. "You guys are following me why?" He asked. "You forget Brother. I work here too." I replied. "Alright, then why is Winry following us?" He asked. "Because I want to Ed. Do you have a problem with that?" She asked. Ed quickly shook his head in reply. With that, we continued our journey to Central Command.
Once we got there, Ed split from us and Winry and I began our questions. First, we went to Fuery. "Hey Private Fuery!" I greeted. He smiled. "Hey Alphonse. Didn't know you got back from your mission." He replied. I smiled. "I got back yesterday actually. Anyways, my friend Winry and I have some questions." I explained. He nodded. "Okay. I'll try to answer them best I can!" He replied. Winry and I nodded. "First of all, why did Ed become a Major? Shouldn't he still be a Colonel?" Winry asked. Fuery went silent. "If your talking about that situation, I honestly don't know anything about it. I wasn't there when it happened." He explained. I nodded. "Would you happen to know what happened between General Mustang and Brother?" I asked. He shook his head. "All I know is after Ed was bumped down to a Major, the next couple days the General was gloomy." He explained. We nodded. "Well, thank you Private." Winry said. I nodded. "It was no problem." He replied. And off we went. Next, we went to second Lieutenant Breda and Falmon, but got the same information that Fuery gave us. "Great. It looks like no one knows what happened." I sighed. "We just have to keep trying Al." Winry declared. Next, we walked towards Havoc. "Hey Havoc." I greeted. He looked up from his desk. "Hey Alphonse. Hey Winry." He greeted. "Could we ask you a couple questions?" Winry asked. "Depends on what its about." He replied. "Well you see it's ab-" "General Mustang and Ed." Winry cut me off. Havoc sighed. "Ask." He muttered. "What happened?" I questioned.
Havoc's POV
I sighed.
-Flashback-
"Hawkeye! Get Ed out of here!" Mustang yelled. She nodded and ran off with Ed. I saw them just outside the entrance. Hawkeye had Ed pinned to the ground, justsu style. And she wasn't letting go. Ed ended up ripping out of her grip, and ran towards the battle.
-End Of Flashback-
Al's POV
I internally sweat dropped. "That's all I saw." He said. 'That doesn't sound like the Lieutenant.....' I thought. Winry and I nodded. We then went over to Hawkeye. "Lieutenant Hawkeye, could we ask you some questions?" I asked. She looked at Winry and I. "Hey Winry. Since when do you two play detective?" She asked. We shrugged. "We're trying to find some answers is all." She replied. "Alright. What's your questions?" She asked. "What happened between General Mustang and Ed?" I asked.
Hawkeye's POV
-Flashback-
"Hawkeye! Get Ed out of here!" General yelled. I nodded and grabbed Ed as I ran out of the room. We were just outside the entrance. I wrapped my arms around Ed's waist and tried my best to hold him back. Ed squirmed in my grip. "Let me go! I have to help!" He yelled. Suddenly, the heavens sang and a ray of sun shine shined down at the area I was standing in. Ed stopped squirming and looked at me. His eyes twinkled as he pouted. "Hawkeye please let me go." He begged. I couldn't find the power to resist him. I let him go.
-End Of Flashback-
Al's POV
I sweat dropped. "That doesn't sound like Brother..." I murmured. "Lieutenant, what are you doing?" General Mustang asked. She looked at him. "General Mustang. Al and Winry were just asking me questions about the day Ed was bumped down to a Major." She replied. Mustang looked at us. "Sorry Sir. We just want answers." I apologized. He sighed. "I'll tell you what happened."

Al and Winry are finally about to get the answers to their questions! But, will they be the answers they were hopping for?