Calling In Help

Al's POV
I was super confused. Were Brother and the General not together anymore? I also didn't get how Ed became a Major. And how'd he get his alchemy back? What exactly did I miss over the past five years? "Hey Brother?!" I called. Ed stepped out of his room. "What's wrong Al?!" He shouted. "Where's the phone?" I asked as he walked into the kitchen. "It's in the hall." He replied. I nodded. "Thanks." I said. I walked into the hall and grabbed the phone. I put it towards my ear and with my free hand, I pushed down the numbers. "Hello?" She asked. "Hey Winry." I greeted. "Al your back!" She exclaimed. I smiled. "Yeah. Anyways, I had a question." I started. "Okay. What's up?" She replied. "Do you think you could come to Central for a little bit...?" I trailed off. "Eh....?" The line went silent. I was about to ask if Winry was still there. "Did Ed break his auto mail again?" She asked. I stiffened, knowing how much she hated it when Brother broke his auto mail. "No. It's about something else. And I think you might be the right person to ask about it." I sighed. Winry was basically like family to Ed and I. Surely Brother would've told her something. "Okay. I'll be there in a couple hours then." She declared. I nodded. "Okay. I'll see you soon." I replied before hanging up. Ed stepped into the hallway. "Who was that Al?" He asked. "It was Winry. She's dropping by for a bit." I replied. Ed crossed his arms. "Great." He muttered.
-Timeskip-
Ed and I walked to the train station to pick up Winry. "You sure she's even here yet Al?" Ed grumbled. "Yes Brother. She's here." I replied. "Ed! Al!" Winry exclaimed. We turned around to face her. "Hey Winry!" I greeted as she ran towards us. "Ed why are you in your uniform....?" She asked. He sighed. "After we all get home, I have to go into work. Stupid Mustang has a stupid job for me." Brother grumbled. Winry looked a bit confused but nodded. "Well, now that introductions are over, let's head home." I suggested. Winry and Ed nodded and we began walking home. Ed walked a bit in front of Winry and I with his arms crossed behind his head. "Hey isn't that the Fullmetal Alchemist?" "Wasn't he a Colonel?" "I heard he became a Major again. Don't know why though." "I heard it was because his ego injured General Mustang." People whispered as they watched Ed walk in front of us. We eventually got home and waved Ed good bye. "So, what'd you wanna ask me?" Winry asked. "About Brother and the General. What happened between them?" I asked. Winry went silent. "Honestly Al, I have no idea. Ed never called me unless it was about his auto mail." She sighed. I nodded. "I tried asking Hawkeye and Havoc about it. They kind of brushed it off. Saying it was a sensitive topic." I explained. Winry stood up. "Well then let's find some answers out for ourselves. And if we can't get the answers nicely, I beat the answers out of them with a wrench!"

Winry and Al have decided to investigate for the answers to their questions. How badly can this end?