Part I *° The Wish°*

Your POV

Kim Mingyu 695/700 ××× 1st

_____ ______ 679/700 ××× 2nd

Seriously, I studied my ass off for those exams, and yet he comes first again.

You sighed trying to make your way through the crowd, you just hoped you wouldn't see his stupid, proud face.

Speaking of the devil.

There he is, walking coolly through the corridor. You could practically see sparks around his face as he laughed with his friends. Man, this is not an anime. Stop sparkling! You thought.

You hid your face with your bangs hoping he wouldn't notice you and rub the fact that he won, again, in your face.

"Trying to escape I see."

Shit, got busted.

"Just leave me alone." you glared at his smirking face.

" Oh, little ______ is mad." he mocked you.

You were starting to get irritated just by looking at him. " Look I don't have time for your bullshit. Now move." you tried getting away but he moved his body, blocking you.

" I mean, I understand." Mingyu ignored your words, " You must be so tired of always arriving second to me." he continued.

No. I'm so damn tired of you. Cocky bastard.

Just as you opened your mouth to reply. The dismissal bell rang. Saved by bell. You fakely smiled and stomped his foot. "Sorry, gotta go stupid."

You fast walked/ran to the school's gates, before it became a human inundation. Especially after that jerk comes too, he'll be surrounded by his stupid fangirls and all, making it impossible to walk.

You've known Mingyu ever since primary school. You weren't exactly what people would call, childhood friends. You and him were far from friends, to be precise. More like enemies or rivals.

Back then when he transferred to your school, you thought he would be just like any other primary school boy, stupid and disgusting. But the very next hour, he proved you wrong by getting a higher mark than yours in maths, I mean its maths we're talking about, no one beats you at that.

In middle school, you made an active volcano with 'lava' and stuff for the science fair thinking you'd get the first prize, but he decided to make the whole solar system that spins too. He eventually got the prize.

Also there's that time when the school held a sport competition, you were almost at the finish line, and if it wasn't for your stupid period cramps and one of his fangirls. You would've gotten first, not him.

He even grew taller than you in high school, you didn't know what he ate for breakfast but it definitely made his growth sprout go faster.

During all those years, he never failed at beating you, in both academics and sports, and all you wanted was to defeat him.

********

You arrived at your part-time job - a cute coffee shop - greeted the owner, and started your shift.

Oh it's raining! Good thing I brought my umbrella. You took a break from your work since it was calmer than usual. You sat at an empty table, sipping a hot chocolate.

Looking at the big glass window, you noticed an old lady outside. She was drenched by the rain and looked tired. Being the nice person you are, you invited her to take shelter inside.

"I'll go get some towels, and hot tea. Stay here I'll be right back."

" This is so nice from you, but I'm afraid I don't have any money to pay you back."

"Don't worry, the bill is on me." you said flashing your signature smile.

You went and came back several minutes after with fresh towels. "Here, dry yourself with these. The tea is still in preparation though." You sheepishly smiled.

" Thank you so much, young lady. The world needs more people like you." You blushed at her comment.

"Something seems to be troubling you, are you okay? " she asked.

You were surprised at first. Am I that easy to read?

" Oh, it's just at school, there's this guy that irritates me so much and I just wanna shut his mouth for once."

"Ah, is that so... " she looked thoughtful for a moment then smiled to herself. You heard a 'bing' signaling that the tea was ready.

" Your tea is ready, I'll go get it." you excused yourself from the table and headed to the counter. But when you returned, the old lady wasn't here anymore. You even checked outside and she wasn't there. It's like she dissipated in the thin air. She couldn't disappear just like that, I mean, she's old and it's raining!

You shrugged and went back inside, but something caught your attention. A small cat plushie key chain was laying on top of the table.

Oh, she forgot this too. You took the key chain and put it in your pocket.

" _____, are you okay? Why were you outside? " Seokmin, your coworker and friend asked you.

" Did you see where that old lady went, Dk? "

"What are you talking about? There was no one here." he looked at you dumbfounded.

" You know, the old lady that was here few moments ago."

"Hum, are you sure you don't have a fever or something? 'Cuz you're seeing things."

"I-"

"Quit with the chit-chat and go back to work." the manager, Seungcheol or S.Coups as he likes to be called, interrupted.

He is cool and young, but when it comes to work he becomes really serious. But the pay is you very good for you. So you liked the job.

You and Seokmin mumbled some 'okays' and went back to work, slightly confused about what he said.

You headed back to your apartment after a tiring day, took a shower and went under your comfy covers. You almost immediately drifted to sleep due to your tiredness with one thought running through your mind. I hope I win over him so I could erase that stupid smug smirk off his face.

" Oh trust me darling, you're gonna do much more than that."