Part X °* Cat Skills *°

"Just jump already, it's not that high!" a bemused Mingyu shouted while looking at you, "Stop being such a scaredy cat."

"It's not the time for you to be making puns like that, Kim Mingyu!" You screamed back, earning yet another chuckle from him.

You were currently standing at the egde of your 2nd story appartements' window, rethinking all of your life choices. From leaving your shift early the day you found Minty, to agreeing on eating with Wonwoo and his squad yesterday.

It was now morning, and all your attempts to wake up from your dream (or nightmare) were futile. You were still a cat, Mingyu was still a cat and was crashing on your couch and, unfortunately for you all of yesterdays events were real too.

I finally found Minty, but at what cost...

You looked down at your rival and sighed, contemplating whether to jump and join him on the cold, hard concrete amidst this chilly Wednesday morning, or to just go back inside and snuggle on your warm, fluffy bed. Being a cat doesn't sound so bad after all, sleeping all day, eating anytime you want, no studying, living your best life.

"Cat always land on their paws," Mingyu's voice pulled you out of your pondering, "I'll be there to catch you, just jump. We need to get to wonwoo before he leaves for school."

He was right. You couldn't possibly stay like this forever, and you two can't really do anything about it in this form. You needed help and Wonwoo was the only one that could provide it. You couldn't afford wasting more time that you already have and so early during the quest nonetheless. Plus if Mingyu could jump safely, then so can you. You can't let him, your sworn rival be better than you at anything. Even at being a cat.

You took a deep breath, closed your eyes and let yourself fall. Luckily for you, it wasn't that bad, but then again you landed on top of Mingyu, who kept his promise and cushioned your fall.

"Geez, you're not really on the light side, aren't you?" He whined under you.

"Shut up, it's your fault I'm like this anyways, take responsibility."

"Okay okay, I didn't say anything." He turned his head to look at you, "I know my body can get really comfortable but can you get off me now?" You quickly jumped off him, a light blush creeping on your cheeks.

He streched and let out a long 'meow' before facing you and enthusiastically announcing "We can officially start our quest now." He started marching toward his friend's house.

"Why are you so excited?" You asked, walking few steps behind him.

"I just feel like this time, it's gonna be the one. I wanna get done with this asap." He said, swiftly moving away from busy people's feet.

You mind went back to yesterday's big fail. His first plan was to kiss his way back to humanity, kiss you more precisely. You weren't really sure if you could consider that your first kiss, because well he was a cat, but it didn't change the fact that it was still Mingyu. You quickly shook your head from the thoughts as soon as you felt yourself blush again. Why did he even chose to kiss me? Doesn't he have many other girls to chose from? Or could it be I'm special to him?

"Why did you even kiss me?" You found yourself thinking outloud, you clasped your mouth shut but it was too late as he had heard already.

"I told you already, I thought it would turn me back to a human."

"I meant why me specifically?"

"Oh that..." he paused to think, "I don't really know, maybe because you found me first." He said it more in a question way than an affirmation. Because he himself had no idea why he seeked your help first.