Part XI *° Cages °*

There were many things you thought would never happen to you, in fact you even made a list of these things. Climbing Mount Everest was off the table, and so was bungee jumping, because well what if the rope breaks or something? You couldn't take that risk. You also never thought you would end up behind bars. Well you actually meant go to jail on your list, but getting stuck inside a cage was not any different, right?

Few minutes ago you and Mingyu were transported in two separate cages to Pledis Shelter. The housekeeper wouldn't move from the plastic box until the transporters came, and obviously there wasn't any occasion to escape after that. Fortunately, the guy who worked there was nice enough to put you in side by side compartiment cages. Being separated by a thin piece of metal was better than being put in different rooms afterall.

Mingyu was glad he couldn't see you at the moment. You have been nagging him ever since you two got inside the truck, not that he didn't deserve it, you had every right to be angry at him, he kept messing up and dragging you into even more problems. But right now, he felt too guilty to face you. Guilty and scared.

"You've got an unusual amount of anger for someone your size." Mingyu said, after your nth anger burst of the morning, trying to ease up the atmosphere, which backfired as it only made you angrier.

"And whose fault do you think is that?" You snapped.

"Look, I'm just trying to make amends." He defeatedly uttered, it felt weird talking to a wall like that, but he knew you were on the other side, listening. "I know I said I knew what I was doing, but apparently I don't. So let's try to make it work together."

"Or you could never talk to me again, that's a good option too." You said after a long pause.

"But I-"

"No Mingyu, I don't want to try. Ever since you came into my life, all you did was mess it up. I'm done now, I wish I never met you." You lashed out at him. "I'm going to sleep, don't wake me up." You turned your back and went to the corner of that small cage to curl up, frustration tears threatening to spill.

******************

It has been 15 minutes since you fell asleep, and Mingyu didn't say anything after your little conversation, it's not like he could anyway. You were sound asleep, and he couldn't find the right words to say to calm you down so he just sat there, lost in thoughts.

A bell sound echoed through the shelter, signaling the arrival of new visitors inside the cosy housing. An old man dressed in a formal attire held the door open for a little girl in a frilly pink dress, she haughtily looked around the room before skipping toward the cats cages.

The worker who introduced himself as Dino welcomed the old man, who was quick to give a little bow before straightening his back and clearing his throat, "We are awfully sorry for the short notice but, the young lady here needs a cat to participate in a contest." He annouced, he glanced at the 'young lady' who was looking at the fish tank in disgust.

"We were hoping we could find a pretty and presentable cat for her to be able to join." his stern eyes stared back into Dino's.

"Certainly sir, if you'll follow me." Dino replied while making his way towards the ancient cats they had in the shelter. A fluffy siamese cat seemed to catch the eye of the butler, but apparently not the young lady's. "Everyone has those kind of cats," she said," I need a unique cat to win." The little girl wandered off again.

Dino was secretly hoping they wouldn't find any cat to their liking. Of course he wanted all of the animal in the shelter to find happy families to care for them but thats the thing, these people didn't want a cat to add to their family, they just wanted a cat for a one-day contest, a cat that would probably find its' way back to the shelter because they would throw it out after playing with it for a day. This wasn't the kind of family Dino wanted the animals to be in.