Part VIII *° Kiss The Cat °*

The first period bell echoed through the hallways making all the students rush to their respective classrooms and seats, fearing the teacher's scoldings.

You forced yourself to wake up from the little extra-sleep you allowed yourself. You didn't really rest yesterday either, you tried to convice yourself it was because of your rather cute, newly-made friend, Jeonghan, or  even because of the Kitty hunt that drained all your energy. But in reality, and opposite to what you would normally expect, the reason of your sleepless night was none other than Mingyu. Yes, The Kim Mingyu, your sworn rival since elementary school. And surprisingly, you weren't having your usual thoughts about defeating him, more like ones where you were worried about him.

You rubbed your eyes and yawned, a great urge to stretch overcame you, but you contained it. It would be inappropriate to stretch in front of the teacher and all your classmates since your stretching comes with a weird, loud sound bonus.

You glanced at the empty seat a row behind you with a heavy heart. You didn't know why, but you had this uneasy feeling that something had happened to Mingyu. Maybe I could ask Wonwoo about him later.

You picked up your pencil and forced yourself to concentrate with the teacher's lecture for the time being.

After what seemed like an eternity, the three hours class finally came to an end and it was time for lunch break. You quickly gathered your stuff and tried to squeeze between the other students, hoping to catch Wonwoo before he goes to the cafeteria.

If you learned one lesson these few past years, it would have been to never talk to any of the "Popular Kings" of the school inside the cafeteria, or any open space inside the school. You winced as you remembered where the little scar on your left knee came from. Crazy fangirls...

Just as you passed through the door, you tripped over a bag that was carelessly put on the floor. You closed your eyes bracing yourself for the fall and waited for gravity to pull you down, but you were being pulled up instead. You slowly opened your eyes to see the person you were looking for infront of you.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" Wonwoo stood there, hands on your waist preventing you from falling. You quickly stood on your feet, shaking off his hands in the process.

You slightly bowed your head and muttered a thank you, "I'm alright thanks to you, Wonwoo-ssi." You took a deep breath. Now was the perfect opportunity to ask him about Mingyu, the hallways were almost empty now, and it was getting quieter since everyone was having their lunch.

"Actually, I was looking for you. It's about Mingyu, it's good that you're here." You said as Wonwoo's eyes widened a little. You were determined to at least know about his situation so you wouldn't think about him again all night.

"What a coincidence! I was looking for you too." He nervously said. " You go first."

"I was wondering if you could give me Mingyu's home address, so I could visit him. He's sick, right?" You asked, while fidgeting with your fingers. Anyone would obviously find it weird if you wanted to visit your rival, but you were hoping Wonwoo would understand and not ask much questions about it.

"N-No I can't do that. He's not at home." He half-screamed as soon as you mentioned visiting him. He caughed and quickly calmed up again. " What I meant is that he's not at home, but at the hospital." He said before realizing the mistake he had made.