Part XIV *°Sketchbooks°*

"Can you please stop challenging the universe now? Because it can always get worse." Seungkwan hissed beside you, the two stray dogs dangerously approaching.

"Do you think we woke them up with my complaints earlier?" You whispered, but Seungkwan only gave you a 'Thanks-for-pointing-out-the-obvious' look and sighed.

"Yes, you did."

Your whisper wasn't that inaudible, as one of the dogs in front of you answered -growled- your question.

That was exactly what you needed to crown this oh so beautiful day, you stared wide eyes at the bird who looked like he was unable to use his damp wings at the moment because of all the rain that fell earlier, and pondered on ways to escape a sticky situation for the third time today.

You finally backed away enough to see the dim lighted street, you mentally agreed with your friend to start running for your life at the count of three.

3...2...1.

You dashed to the left with Seungkwan by your side, and much to your dismay, the dogs started running after you at high speed. The road was slippery and you were trying not to fall to your death, thinking back, all the things that happened today were probably a sign that your time was soon up.

"Why are you running?" One of the dogs behind you panted.

BECAUSE I CAN'T DIE YET, I STILL NEED TO BEAT MINGYU.

Mingyu. Sadness washed over you after remembering your last exchange with him, you really didn't want to be separated forever with that being his last memory of you. You needed to get out of here, find a way to get him back and apologize. With that in mind, you ran even faster.

"But you said you were lost!" The other dog shouted after you accelerated, "We want to help you!"

You abruptly stopped on your tracks and thanks to the slippery roads, the dogs ended up bumping into you. The three of you went rolling few meters away from where you stopped, Seungkwan avoided this mess by jumping and flying over it for few seconds. Oh to be a bird right now....

You tried standing up but the mud was weighing you down, the dogs shook off the mud of their bodies and you tried to mimick them, the animal lifestyle being still unfamiliar to you. After you were somewhat free of the mud you stood on four paws to look at them.

Under the street light, they didn't look as intimidating as before in the alley. One of them was still trying to get the mud of his body while the other was looking at Seungkwan who protectively stood in front of you with his wings spread.

"We're sorry for scaring you back there." He said apologetically, "I'm Jun, and this is my brother Minghao." He nodded over the other dog, who enthusiastically wagged his tail. You and Seungkwan both introduced yourselves, and apologized for waking them up as well.

"So, what brings you around here?" Jun asks, trying to get the conversation going.

"Yeah, we don't really get many visitors around this place, we were really surprised to see you there." Minghao added.

"Well, I'm journeying with Miss-worst-luck-in-the-world and we kinda got lost at some point." Seungkwan chimed in.

"You said you knew where we were going." You blinked at him.

"I said I think I know where we're going."

"Please don't think anymore."

Jun cleared his throat to remind you that they were still here, waiting for you to explain why you got here in first place.