Part XIII *° Number one °*

"...I am icon number one Boo Seungkwan!~"

You had had the very big urge to rub your temples at the moment, which was unfortunately impossible due to you having paws now. You managed to escape from the shelter with the help of your newly made parrot friend -who introduced himself as Seungkwan, or DJ Boo as he told you to call him- and you were forever grateful for that, but he wouldn't stop singing ever since you left the shelter threshold, and it was driving you crazy. You were used to being alone, in calm places, with just your mind and yourself to think about life. And with Seungkwan living up to his nickname, you really couldn't think about how you were going to get Mingyu back properly.

"Hey Seungkwan..." you called him, cutting yet another of his songs.

"DJ Boo." He corrected, while looking at you with his big eyes. You inwardly groaned, he was too cute, you didn't want your words to hurt him.

"Right, DJ Boo." you hesitated, trying to choose your next words very carefully as not to come off as ungrateful or bitchy. "So, you know how Mingyu and I got separated." You pursed your lips and continued, "I'm not trying to be mean right now but I really need silence to think about how I'm gonna get him back."

He stopped flying and started walking next to you. You felt his eyes on you but you were too scared to make eye contact and see his disappointed eyes.

"I get it," he said, his voice laced with sadness. Great job, ____ you hurt someone who was only good to you. And for the second time of the day on top of that!! You bit your lip and attempted to make it better, "Seungkwan I-"

"Getting separated from your lover like that must be pretty sad." He continued.

You stopped dead in your tracks and widened your eyes while your neck snapped so fast to look at him you swore you heard it crack. "L-Lover?" You managed you utter.

He looked back at you, slightly taken aback from your sudden outburst, you looked at him like he had said the most absurd thing in the world. " Is he not?" He asked.

"Of course he's not my lover!" You half-screamed, "I hate him."

Now it was his turn to look at you like you said the most absurd thing ever. His expression was screaming Press-X-to-doubt, "You sure about that honey?"

"100% sure." You said, "I hate him and he hates me too. It's mutual hate."

"Really? But you have been so worried about him ever since you two got separated," he pointed out, "even now, you're frantically looking for him. Are you sure about the hating part?"

Unbeknownst to Seungkwan, this wasn't the only time you were worried about him. You got worried when he got lost as Minty, and when you thought he was sick as Mingyu, and now you're worried you'll never see him again since he got adopted by some weirdos. Of course I would be worried, I've known him for so long.

"Absolutely positive." You nodded, it was just that you were used to seeing him everyday for years that got you feeling like that. "He may be handsome, popular, and nice to others, but he's very mean to me, and we have been like that since elementary school." You explained, all while trying to avoid getting walked on by humans.

"OMGGG! You have known each other since elementary school?" He squealed like a highschool girl. You rolled your eyes at him.

"Stop just focusing on the part that appeals to you." You let out an exasperated sigh at Seungkwan's foolishness. Those years were pure embarrassment to you, having to always come second to him in every aspect made you mad. Primarily at yourself for letting the first position slip by your fingers but also for letting him get at you, despite all the efforts you made to beat him.