Part XVII *°Funfair°*

Enjoy some chapter aesthetic hehe <3 have a good read.
(Ps: i was told that the picture wasn't showing on the banner so im posting it here too)

****

"We should get going before they get to us again." You finally broke the silence, and dared making eye contact with Mingyu. Just as you expected, your heart started beating faster the moment you met his eyes again. Guess ignoring my feelings didn't make them disappear afterall.

Mingyu nodded and you two started walking again, this time slower, as you were quite far from the beauty contest turned chaos.

"Isn't it funny how you're threatening to kill me 24/7 yet you're always the first person to save me when things go wrong?" Mingyu randomly chuckled, breaking the silence after the two of you walked for few minutes.

"Always?" you confusedly looked at him, "How am I always the one saving you?"

"Well for starters, there was the first time you found me as a cat when I got hurt and took me to your house," he started, "I was sure that that would've been the end for me if you hadn't seen me there." he admitted. You intently looked at him, not wanting to interrupt him.

"And today, I couldn't believe that you came, I thought I was hallucinating to be honest. But I guess you did save me successfully this time too." he paused, giving you one of his killer smiles that made you a little flustered.

"Also all those times you saved me from lonel- ahem yeah in conclusion you keep saving me." He quickly fixed his words, not wanting to be found out.

"That's because I'm associated with an idiot who keeps getting himself into problems..." you jokingly said.

"Hey, in my defense I thought the 'problems' were actually solutions."

"Please don't make decisions like this anymore, you suck at choosing the right thing to do."

"You're right, the best that happened to me wasn't a choice I made."

"What?" You asked, confused, expecting the banter to last a bit more than this. Mingyu never agreed to anything you said, even if it was the right thing, he would just reformulate it to avoid admitting you were right, so him blatantly expressing it outloud surprised you, Did I get the real Mingyu from the contest? What if he got swapped when I wasn't looking?

"Nothing, forget it," he dismissed you, "I'm actually surprised you pulled all of this off." He gestured towards the contest long behind you.

"Oh, this was all Jeonghan's idea," you quickly said, refusing to take all the credit for the plan, "plus, I made some friends along the way and they all helped me." You smiled, remembering how Seungkwan was poking at one of the guards' head.