Day 10

Another day and another cup of beverage, you spend your free time at your usual Cafe shop. Still relaxing, you looked out of the window and saw Ren, talking with the other customers outside. The remaining idols were busy serving the customers inside. Suddenly, you heard a meow under the table. You looked under the table and saw a cat with grey fur.

The cat then jumped onto your thighs and curled into a ball and sleep. You gently stroke its fur and reminisce the fun times you had in this Cafe with each and every of the idols. Suddenly, you heard frantic footsteps approaching you. You looked up to the source of the footsteps and saw a grey haired man, looking at your thighs.

"There you are," was all the man said, still looking at your thighs.

You stared at him with the 'what are you looking at' look, which made him startled and flustered all at the same time.

"Don't think wrong. I'm not interested in you," he stated coolly as he looked away to other direction. He then pointed at your lap, where the cat is. "I'm looking for that cat."

You held the cat gently and gave it to him but the cat wiggled its way out of your palm before he could even touch a fur.

"Sheesh...what a drag," he said as he walked away casually while following the cat.

You decided to follow him as you felt that it was part of your fault that you let the cat go. The gray haired man, Ranmaru Kurosaki(which I hadn't mention his name earlier) was already running to the simulation room which happened to be under construction. You had no choice but to go inside but to be welcomed by the most uncomfortable darkness.

Still trying to get use to the darkness, you proceed further into the room. You heard faint footsteps that just kept on getting louder as it gets closer to you. Suddenly, you were being captured from behind while calling you to keep quiet.

That familiar voice calmed you down in an instant. It was Ranmaru's.

"Shh...you don't want to scare the cat away, right? Do as I say," he said as he released you from his grip. "Make a trail with these pilchards on the floor to the exit and wait there." As he placed a pack of fishes on your hand.

You did what you were told and in seconds, you can hear Ranmaru's curses and groans due to his fail attempts on capturing that little feline. Suddenly, the cat poppd out of the entrance and headed for the second floor despite being asked tocapture it before its narrow escape.

The two of you headed for the second floor and saw the cat entering the staffroom while following the pilchards trail on the floor.

"Yosh! My trap worked," Ranmaru whispered to himself in content as he watched the cat. As soon as his eyes meet yours, he flustered in an instant.

"A-a-after this, it's up to you if you wanna follow me or not..." He stuttered and soon walked away to the staffroom.

Of course, what piqued your interest was Ranmaru's Tsun tsun mode. You then followed him into the room and saw the cat, nibbling a bowl of cat food while Ranmaru casually approached it and stroke its fur.

"You came," Ranmaru began stoically as he stared at you into your eyes but then softens when he looks at the cat.

'How I wish I was a cat...' you thought to yourself in silence but pouted without you knowing.

Ranmaru once again looks at you but smirked this time.

"What's wrong? Do you want to be treated like a cat?"

"It's because you treat cats differently compared to the way you treat the others," you pouted and he just laughed. This is unexpected.

"I've got a soft spot for them," Ranmaru stated as another cat appeared from the tight corners. "Got a problem with guys who likes small animals?" He blushed slightly due to his tsun tsun personality.

You quickly shook your head as you didn't expect a guy like him to actually love adorable beings. He then grabbed his girlfriend a.k.a his bass, and began strumming its delicate strings with his fingers. You looked at him in amazement at how cool he is with his bass and how happy he is whenever he plays rock.

After indulging himself in his dream place, he then snapped back to his senses after one of the cats in the room began to fight each other for food.

"Hey, don't fight. There's still some more," he said as he tried to break the fight but one of the cat scratched his fingers. "Tch...such a drag."

You quickly looked for the first aid kit without his knowledge as he was still dealing the cats. You remembered the time when he treated your wound during the first time of their work in the cafe. Right now, it's yourturn to help him.

"Let me treat that wound. We don't want it to get infected," you told him as you approached to him and held his wrist gently as if it might break anytime if you were to exert some force.

"My wrist ain't that fragile. Don't be such a scaredy cat," Ranmaru told you. "This is why I dislike women..."

You felt sad and disappointed after hearing those words from him. Either ways, you still treated the wound without any complains. Ranmaru noticed your sudden silence and had to break the ice.

"My bad...I shouldn't have thrown such words to you..." He apologised guiltily as you put away the kit. "It's not that I hate you or anything...just that...I had some trusting issues." You walked towards the door and wasabout to turn the doorknob.

"Gosh...I'll explain...It'll take a while," he continued, making you return to him as you are interested.

And so, he told you about his past and his bandmates, which somewhat lead to his trusting issues and stuff before Quartet Night was formed. The band disbanded because of women, leading wach and every of the members to have a hard time to deal with their career and relationship. You finally realised how lonely Ranmaru is despite his attempt in trying to hide it with a mask.

"Despite the fact that I managed to get over with the past, I still had troubles in serving female customers," Ranmaru said with his serious face on. You giggled at that sight. "What's so funny?"

"You reminded me of these cats somehow. Cats will go to wherever there's food and since they don't really trust anyone, they just get closer to that someone as time flies when there's food," you told him, making him flustered by that comment.

"So, you are saying that I am a cat?" Ranmaru said as he covered his face using his hand while surpressing his chuckles.

"No what I mean is, you are free to choose your path of life," you explained to him, which somewhat hit him like lightning. "You don't have to force yourself on doing things that you don't like."

Ranmaru then realised that he hadn't try hard during the last few days of work as he secretly skipped his job just to forget those challenges that has been increasing day by day.

Suddenly, he hugged you and said:

"Thank you for telling me all of this. You gave me meaning to my life."

You blushed by his sudden actions as the tsundere finally opened up a little.

"I will try my best today and engrave this moment into my life," he continued and stood up before you. He then helped you up and exited the staffroom after that.

Will Ranmaru the tsundere be able to cope with the whole day?

-to be continued

Ranmaru: Ahem...see you again tomorrow.