Chapter six

Dream Sequence~

-------------

Ringo opened his eyes to see an empty hallway. It was dark and shiny little dots like stars glittered from above. To his horror it were dangling razors hanging from bloody threads. He reached out and hissed when he pricked his finger. A thin red line appeared at the tip of his finger and a red drop of blood fell to the floor. Then he heard the sound of nails dragging along a chalkboard. Several inky black arms reached out for him at the end of the hallway. Some of the hands' nails scratched along the tiled hospital walls and floors, leaving black, jagged lines along the surface. Ringo inhaled sharply and bolted, running straight into the darkness. The hands' nails dug into his feet and hooked him under the skin. He managed to shook them off. It screeched angrily at him.

"No!" He screamed. "Stay away from me!"

It was gaining up on him and, fuck, it's screeching made his ears bled. It howled, it's voice like a horrid mixture of forks scraping against plates and a balloon being rubbed and high-pitched screaming in it. Ringo clasped his hands over his ears as he ran for it.

His feet were bleeding and it stung. He pushed gurneys and wheelchairs away as

(oh gods I'm in a hospital I'm in a fucking hospital with some thing chasing me)

the dark mass chased him.

He turned right and bursted right through double doors. Brightness flooded and he shielded his eyes. He froze in shock. He knew the eerily familiar bedsheets and the exact side table with it's exact scratches from earlier patients. The IV bag was still half-empty as he remembered. The same 120 mL.

It was his old hospital room.

Black nail-like needles poked and probbed his arms and legs and went in his skin. He cried in pain as the hands tugged hard. He writhed uncontrollably, screaming all the way until his throat started to ache.

A man appeared from the shadows. He had a sly grin in his face.

"Come on pretty boy, scream." He grinned. "After all that's what you did when I had you. Scream all you want but that vampire-teeth lad won't save you now. He's out there---" He gestured upward. "--- And you're down here!"

The hands were cold as it wrapped around him like snakes. Pain bursted out as more nails pierced his skin. Polkadot crimson holes bled out of his skin. He shivered as the cold, black mass covered him so tight he could barely breath.

"S-So cold," He breathed, the mass up to his neck now. "S-So c-cold..." He saw the man suddenly widen his eyes as if he saw a ghost. He looked back and felt his heart burst.

"Ritchie!"

He felt the mass being ripped out. He gulped in breathes and goosebumps littered his wounded skin. He felt a thick blanket cover him.

"G-George?" He began to sob. "G-George oh god..."

The guitarist wrapped him tight. "Shhh... I'm here, Ritchie. I'm here. It's fine, everything's fine." He said, running his fingers through his hair. "George's here, Rings. They won't get you while I'm here,"

He was shivering like a wet dog. "I'm cold," He mumbled, looking up at the other.

George ran his calloused fingers across the prickpoints and somehow, as if he had magic, the bloody wounds healed up. He held him close as he did saw. Ringo widened his eyes in surprise.

"You warm?"

"Y-Yeah..." He uttered, a look of sheer surprise still on his face. George gave him a smile.

"Close your eyes, okay? Then we'll be back when you open them."

And he did. He felt George's hands on his and he felt lightness all around him.

And he opened his eyes to see their room. Morning light was pouring out from the shades.

He turned to see George still sleeping. His hair was a mess and he looked so peaceful. Like an angel. Ringo relaxed against the bed. Maybe he was his angel.

------------

Vote, comment, share if you enjoy the story!

With all my love,

~Grace 💙