Chapter twenty-two

Wait.

Wtf.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ONE THOUSAND REA-

*clears throat*

Yes this is an update yes I know its short-ish but Ive been staying up all night for my other story Something (check it out if you're a starrison fan!) and Ive been planning two different stories so yeah busy af

Also, I NEED A COWRITER

no not a cow-riter

A co-writer

Message me if you want to~

-----------

"Hello?"

Ringo licked his lips. He tried to find the right words.

"Hey if this is a prank call I'm very busy right now---"

"Hi Mo."

"Ritchie!" She gave out a sigh. "You know you haven't called me in ages!"

"S-Sorry," He apologized, voice wavering a bit.

Maureen noticed. "Ritchie? You okay there, love?"

"Mo I-I--- Fuck, I'm so sorry Mo."

"Ritchie? What are you talking about? What do you mean 'sorry'??"

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

"I'm breaking up with you, Mo."

Silence.

"You're queer, aren't you? I... T-Then it's true then? On the paper? About John and Paul and... a-and you... George..."

"Yeah, yeah it's all true."

Shaky breathes. Distortion sounds coming from the telephone.

"You loved him all this time."

She sounded so frail. Ringo gripped the reciever. "I'm sorry Mo I'm so sorry---"

"Don't say that, okay? Don't... D-Don't say that." Her voice cracked. "So that's it? We're over, then?"

Ringo ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah. We're over."

"Okay." Click.

And she was gone.

Ringo held on the phone for a while before placing it back. His fingers lingered on the telephone a bit. He wanted to call back and make her feel better because she was certainly crying. And the fact that he dumped her on the phone made him feel much more worse.

But Ringo knew he couldn't please everyone.

He went back to bed, nothing with a small yellow lamp illuminating the room. Ringo raised the duvet to his chin and instantly, George's arm was around him. He felt him mumble something incoherent, probably because he was barely awake. He felt his chin on his shoulder and Ringo leaned his head and buried his face in his neck.

And for a moment, he forgot about Mo, the newspaper, and the rest of the problems that were weighing on his shoulders.

George pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You okay, Ritchie?"

And he said the two words he was very, very familiar with.

Ringo managed a smile.

"I'm fine."

--------

Quick update sorry if it's rubbish