e i g h t

Lies

Days Later

"Your brat has been messing things up, so I asked him to go swim in the sea and never come back!" Arthur yelled as soon as you came at his beck and call. 

The backstory? Little Alfred dirtied the sails that were supposed to be mended. He was ordered to assist Kiku in mending, but the little boy, while going about his assisting, tripped and fell on the sails. His hands were a little soiled, thus making the sails dirty.

"WHAT?! There's no way you're making him do that! He's gonna get eaten up!" you protested.

"That's exactly what I wanted!"

"Come on! Why do you have to get pissed off at everything that goes wrong?! Don't you know everything happens for a reason?!" you yelled, "Besides, Alfred is only a child. You should stop lecturing him and start being a good role model instead!"

"Now look here, woman! I OWN this fleet, you hear?! I have every right to get angry at whatever goes wrong!" he shouted back and then added, "Besides, I thought you were supposed to taking care of this brat and teaching him stuff!"  

"I am doing my job." you pinched the bridge of your nose and sighed, "But it's not just what I teach that influences him. His surroundings must be conducive so that he may be able to become a strong and educated person! Which is why everyone else here, especially you," you pointed at him, "must be of good conduct!" you rolled your eyes, "Besides, he just tripped and fell! Do you expect children to stay balanced on their feet twenty-four by seven?"

"Dear Lord, save me from this woman." Arthur groaned, "Will you just zip it?"

"With pleasure, as long as you zip it too!" you threw your hands in the air.

"I'm so done with your maturity!" His lips twitched, a usual sign of rage which is usually not unleashed. 

"And I'm so done with your childishness!"

He shook his head and turned his back, glanced at you, and ordered, "Leave my sight." 

You walked away, grumbling under your breath. Feliciano and Lovino, who were not too far away, witnessed the spat. 

Lovino sighed, "They argue a lot, don't they? Especially over that bambino."

"I'm sure they actually get along sometimes." Feliciano smiled, "Somehow, because they argue a lot, I can't help but see both of them perfect for each other."

"Perfect?" Lovino laughed, "Once she finds out what he did to her father, she would not go anywhere near him."

"The possibility is certain, but not completely." Feliciano smiled.

---

Arthur's P.O.V

I was sitting in the little library like usual, playing with the tassels on my long, red coat. I was still somewhat annoyed from my argument with ____ from this morning, but now that it's noon, I've calmed down somewhat. While I absentmindedly fiddled with my coat, that woman's face suddenly popped up in my head.

She looked really angry. I admit, she is quite a stunner when she's angry. It made her look like a thoroughbred seafarer, which was quite pleasing to me. 

I really love her glare when it's filled with resolve. It really makes me want to test her some more! But at the same time, something's stopping me.