s i x t e e n

Seychelles

-Continued- 

-Arthur's P.O.V-

Her voice was now hushed and I could hear her soft, rhythmic breathing. I rolled over to my right and my head was flooded with thoughts of her and her many questions. I sighed heavily and looked at the ceiling as I ran my fingers through my hair.

The question about emotions and the heart really felt like a stab. 

What an annoyance...

I decided to occupy my mind with other thoughts to get myself to fall asleep. However, I only found myself giving ear to the woman. It seemed that she was fast asleep, considering her lack of movement and quiet breathing.

But I heard her suddenly move. I immediately alerted and looked up at the bed with alarm, trying to vainly make out her form in the dark. She started murmuring.

"No... no, no, no!"

I could feel my chest clench. What was troubling her? I sat up and leaned against the bed, about to console her, but she said, nearly in a shout,

"My father, please don't go! There is a storm approaching! It's not safe! Please!" 

I felt my heart sink. 

She's having a nightmare.

My hand trembled as it clutched the edge of the bed. 

"There's a storm approaching!"

Indeed, that day was a stormy one. 

. . .

"Spare my life!" the wretched man cried, trying to liberate himself from the mast which he was tied to.

It was a dismal evening, and the clouds above were hung low and dark, laden with rain, ready to burst forth upon the Earth. My crew circled the man and I, not a word or a breath passed between anyone. 

"What if I don't want to?" I smirked, looking at the infamous Scandinavian roses in my hand that I seized from him.

He asked, somehow sounding brave, "What wrong have I done to you?" 

"What wrong?" I raised my eyebrows and glared at him coldly, "First of all, you trespassed our seas and secondly, you have angered me by spouting your foolish lies claiming that you were hit by a storm." 

"It is but the truth." He met my gaze boldly, angering me further.

"You shall have the pleasure of my not believing you." I replied. "Well now, shall we get to the meat of the matter? How do you want to be killed? By my sword, gun or do you prefer to be tossed into the sea?"

"Whatever is easiest for you, sir. I should not like to trouble you." he said with the final deep breath and a smile.

"You leave me with the choice?" I chuckled darkly as my hand reached to my side to my trusty cutlass, "Truly, you are a generous man as they say."

"I thank you."  he said with a chuckle.

"You sure are gutsy enough to laugh before you die, huh?" I asked, now pulling out the sword.