t h i r t y - n i n e

-Continued-

Lovino's P.O.V

She fell asleep, completely leaning on my body. It was hard to sit straight even though my back was on the wall. I looked down at her, played with her hair and whispered sweet nothings to her.

I don't know. I think I might be in love with her. But confessing is useless, knowing that she loves the Commander.

Antonio confessed to her too but was rejected. What will be of me then? As I stared out of the window, I could hear the others shouting instructions, the thunder, splash of waves and rain.

I looked at her again and noticed a bruise on her neck. I pushed her shirt collar away and examined it.

The moment I realized what it was, I blushed a deep, burning red. I felt pretty jealous, for some reason. 

Ignoring the very obvious and suspicious mark, I patted my shirt and pants, checking if I was dry. Nope, just a little damp. 

"Being immobile sucks. Is this what trees and plants feel?"

Talking to myself definitely didn't curb my boredom.

"Only intelligent people get bored easily and I get bored easily.... does this mean... I'm intelligent??"

I have discovered something ground breaking. Or rather, sea splitting. I'm SUCH a genius!

"You know what? Maybe I'll just sing something." I gave up voicing my thoughts.

Mi ricordo montagne verdi, e le corse di una bambina,

(I remember the green mountains, and the little girl's run)

Con l'amico mio più sincero, un coniglio dal muso nero,

(With my most sincere friend, a black nosed bunny)

Poi un giorno mi prese il treno, l'erba, il prato e quello che era mio,

(Then one day the train took me, the grass, the lawns and all that was mine..)

Scomparivano piano, piano e piangendo parlai con Dio.

(Was vanishing slowly, slowly and through tears I talked to God)

I skipped to the last line because that was my favourite.

Io ti amo mio grande amore, io ti amo mio primo amore,

(I love you my great love, I love you my first love)

Quante volte ho cercato il sole,

(How many times I searched for the the sun?)

I stopped there. There was one more stanza but you know me. I don't want to.

----

Third Person's P.O.V

Your eyes blinked open. Lovino still had his arm around you. Plus, he was still awake and looking into the distance.

"Lovi?" You called.

"Ah? Oh, you're awake, huh?" He ruffled up your already messy hair.

"Yeah." you rubbed your eyes, "It's still stormy?"

"Considering your dumb question, I'll assume that you can't hear." he smirked, making you sigh.

"Say, Lovi?" You called and he looked at you curiously.