s e v e n t e e n

Lost

-Continued-

After crossing that thick forest, both of you took a breather when the town was in sight.

"What's the name of that town?" you asked.

"Victoria, or so I heard," he replied.

"What are we going to get there?"

"Rations, citrus, water and maybe some clothes." he said as he removed his hat and hid it in his flowing coat.

"Why are you removing your hat?"

"These flowers will attract lot of attention." he sighed, "Wearing anything on your head can get some attention. And that's not our motive."

He took your hand and pulled you along into the market place. As soon as both of you entered the market, Arthur was already dragging lots of attention with his blond hair. Blond hair was already common among foreigners, since the French had colonized Seychelles.

"Want anything?" he asked.

"Huh? No, no. I'm okay." you blushed, surprised at this sudden offer.

"I have enough money on me. If you want anything, let me know." he said.

"Sure." you nodded your red head.

When it was sunset, both of you had finished looking around and buying the needed items. Arthur was carrying all the heavy stuff with ease, while he let you carry the lighter stuff. Even though you protested, he said that he didn't want you to be burdened. 

"We bought a ton!" you exclaimed.

"Yeah." he mumbled, "Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"No!" you grinned. No sooner you refused, a black choker with a beautiful deep violet jewel embedded on it caught your eye.

That looks pretty...

"Do you want that?" Arthur noticed your sudden fascination with the jewelry item and smiled. He was happy that you finally wanted something. 

"What? No!"

Arthur sighed heavily, walked to the shop and bought that choker that you fancied. He came back and gave the choker to you.

"Why?" you asked.

"You wanted it, didn't you?" he snickered and poked your forehead again. You eyed the choker with a strange shimmer in your eyes.

"It's beautiful..." you mumbled thoughtlessly.

"You've got a good eye for things like clothes and jewelry. I'll wager that's why you look so good every time I see you."

Your face suddenly burst into heat. You glanced up at him to find him smiling at you. He didn't feel the least bit embarrassed to say that. 

Did he just compliment me?!

"Well, we're wasting time here." he said, "Let's go back."

"Ah-Oh, okay!" you followed him.

How much more are you going to make me fall for you, Arthur?

Arthur suddenly stopped and you looked at him,

"What's wrong?" you asked.

His face, staring front, reflected horror and rage. You looked at whatever he was looking at and saw another blond man. A smirk was on his face as he recognized Arthur.

"Arthur Kirkland." he said.

"André Sauveterre." Arthur grit his teeth. You gulped at the tension between them. They looked at each other in the eyes so much in hate that you could literally see sparks.