f o r t y - t h r e e

Continued

Third Person's P.O.V

"You idiot! Why did you co-"

Arthur came in front of you and all of a sudden, he winced in pain. You stood there in a daze. Everything happened way too quickly. The moment Arthur fell on the floor and started coughing up blood, you shrieked,

"ARTHUR!!"

"Take him down to the boat and bandage the wound! Quickly!" Antonio ordered, trying not to cry his eyes out.

"What about you?!" You asked and carried Arthur up, supporting his back.

"Just go! I'll take care of them!" Antonio urged.

It was strange to find urgency in his usual laid back, chill voice. You obeyed and started descending the stairs.

"What are.... you doing, woman?" He mumbled, "Let me... go... I can still.... fight!"

"Arthur, quiet!" You hushed him.

"Who are you to silence me?" He grumbled.

"Arthur just... please, be silent for once." you pleaded.

"Geez.... do you think... I'd abandon this.... ship all too easily?" He mumbled,

"Not when... so many memories.. have been.... made... here."

"I-I don't want Antonio... fighting all by... himself..." He pushed me aside and leaned on the walls as he tried to climb back up.

"No, Arthur, stop!" You cried and grabbed his coat, "A bullet wound is not to be trifled with. Please don't go!"

He paused for a moment and finally relented, to your relief. In a matter of minutes, you met the rest, who gasped at Arthur's bad state.

"Hurry up and bandage him!" You laid Arthur down while Feliciano and Lovino dealt with him.

Antonio's P.O.V

I gasped heavily. Mathias was standing there, looking very innocent. Even though this was a one on one match, I was exhausted. Emotionally and physically. 

"Time for the finishing blow." Mathias smiled gleefully as he made his way towards me. 

Esto es el fin, eh?

Suddenly, I heard Berwald stop Mathias,

"Leave them."

"Hold your horses, bro! Why should I do that?!" Mathias yelled.

"You said that you wouldn't leave until you had the roses in your hands. Since the roses are at the bottom of the ship, it's out of our reach." Berwald stared at Mathias, "And this man is intent on not letting us get there."  

"This isn't an opportune moment." He added and Mathias clicked his tongue.

"Fine! Give me the box then!" He held out his hand. Berwald rummaged in his pocket and gave him what looked like a match box.