Chapter Two: VMA

'𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉
𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒉 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔.

Selena's POV

  "Are you ready?" My stylist asks me and I nod, turning to her with a grateful smile.

"Ah, yes! Thank you. It's beautiful." I tell her as I look over my appearance. The dress is long and navy blue, long-sleeved but had a black lacing on one of my breasts and one of my legs are exposed.

"You look amazing," my mom gushes and I smile, thanking her quietly.

"Alright, let's go," she says, linking her arm with mine.

"Is Pam coming?" I ask as we walk out to the car and sigh in relief when I see her in it. Thank god. She's my cousin and she always comes with me to these things, I grew up with her so I love having her around all the time.

I take a deep breath and prepare myself for tonight. I'm going to have fun with my favorite people and not pay any mind to what the press wants. I will answer any interviewer's questions about Justin like it doesn't bother me and I will have fun.

I pull out my phone and text Taylor, deciding to meet up with her on red carpet.

Taylor

I'm here!!

Almost there.

I think I heard that One Direction is already here and I don't need the awkward run-in so please hurry.

I laugh and put my phone in Pam's purse, looking out the window to see if we are almost there. I'm starting to see camera flashes so I know we are. When I start to hear fans screaming, I know that we finally made it.

"You look amazing, Selena." The interviewer tells me and I smile.

"Thank you."

"Is there anyone you are excited to see tonight? Any performers or anyone?" She asks. I pondered around my thoughts.

"I'm very excited to see Nicki Minaj even though I have seen her a million times before. I'm a huge Nicki fan." I laugh, the interviewer joins me.

"So," She says, dragging the word...I mentally sigh. I know where this is headed.

"Your new single just came out," She acknowledges and I nod with a smile. "There's been lots of talk about it and if it's about Justin Bieber?" She's talking about the single I had just released a week ago. The Heart Wants What It Wants.

"Um...I think what I tried to do with that song was try my best to relate to personal situations for not only me but for other people. Because a lot of people go through stuff what the lyrics talk about," I answer, trying my best to briefly dodge the question about him. She nods with a smile.

"Well, it was beautiful." She tells me and pulls
me into a hug. "Thank you so much for talking with us girl."

"No problem," I smile and wave, walking away. My eyes search for Taylor and I find her talking with Ed.