Chapter Twenty One: Our Escape

𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅. 𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒏𝒐 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 '𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒔.

Selena's POV

I can barely keep my eyes open when I open them, a ray of sunlight immediately hitting them. I look around with confusion, pieces of last night slowly coming together in my mind. I look at the arm that's draped around my waist, and I recognize the familiar ink on them. My heart flutters. Harry.

I lay on my side to face him, observing his features. His hair has gotten so much longer than it was the last time I saw him, now past his shoulders. His face looks more mature as well. I reach my hand to touch the skin on his face, and it's smooth. Probably from shaving for the performance. His head twitches back from my touch, his eyes opening to look at me. A soft smile melts on his face, mine mirroring his.

"Morning," He murmurs. "How long have you been up?"

I yawn, "Not long." He nods and reaches his arms out, pulling me closer to his chest. I smile at the familiar warm feeling of being in his arms, feeling like this is some dream. I hope I never wake up.

Flashes of last night play in my mind again. We slept together. I don't regret it at all. It felt right in the moment, and it still feels right now. Last night, being around him for the first time after longing for him for so long, being close to him again felt amazing. I wanted to feel even more closer to him. It was the best feeling I had ever felt, being loved by him in that way.

"Selena?" He suddenly whispers. I hum in response. "There was something you said, the last time we saw each other..." I look up at him. He sits up, pulling me up along with him, and ran a hand through his hair. "You told me you loved me, and I guess I just wanted to know if you—"

"Meant it?" I finish for him, a small smile spreading across my face at how adorably nervous he looks. He nods, scratching the back of his neck. I grab his hands and intertwine them with mine, "I love you. I loved you then and I still love you now. Nothing changed. I wouldn't have came to you last night if I didn't."

He smirks, leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine. I pull away and turn my face away from him, not wanting him to smell my morning breath. He snickers, "You're not going to let me give you a proper kiss until we brush our teeth, are you?"

I shake my head and peel the warm covers off my body, immediately shivering at the coldness of the hotel room. The fact that I'm only in my undergarments isn't helping either. Harry gets up from the bed and rummages through his suitcase, pulling out a black shirt and turning to me, "You can wear this, since you don't have any clothes with you." I smile and take the shirt, slipping it over my head.

I look in one of the mirrors and groan at my reflection. My eye-makeup is smeared and my hair is in a knotted mess. "I'm gonna go freshen up," I tell Harry and go to the bathroom, washing my face with the little face wash bottle. I'm about to curse at myself for not remembering that I don't have my toothbrush with me, until I hear Harry knock on the door.

When he walks in, he hands me a toothbrush that's packaged, "I carry an extra toothbrush with me every time I travel with the boys just in case they forget theirs. I don't like them using mine."