Chapter Fourteen: Crumbled

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆.

Selena's POV

The feeling of someone lightly shaking my body makes me to wake up, my eyes slowly fluttering open before closing again. I need to learn to get much darker curtains rather than my sheer ones that lets the bright sunlight beam through them. I groan and turn away from the person shaking me, covering my face with my hands.

"Love, it's almost noon." I hear him tell me, his voice thick with raspiness. Harry. I sigh and turn on my back to look at him, my eyes still slightly squinted. He chuckles, "You seemed to sleep so well last night, why are you so tired?"

I shrug, avoiding the answer I wanted to say. Stress makes me sleepier. He smiles and reaches his hand down to capture my hand, intertwining our fingers together. The touch instantly sends a comforting warmness through me, entering through my hand and spreading throughout my whole body.

"I get to release my single today," I announce in a hushed tone. I can't help the smile that grows on my face.

His eyes widen and he gives me an adorable shocked smile, "Really? No way, I can't wait to hear it. What time does it come out?" I lightly chuckle and lift myself up from the bed, hearing him quickly follow after me.

I turn around and face him, "It comes out tonight, right before it hits midnight."

"Well, I will definitely be the first to buy it," He says with a cheeky smile. He pulls me by my waist and kisses my lips softly, his lips warm on mine. I pull away before he could deepen the kiss, avoiding tongue since we both haven't brushed our teeth.

"I don't know," I shrug, chuckling. "My fans are pretty fast. I don't know if you can beat them to it."

"Wanna bet?" He smirks, brushing his nose against mine. Our eyes sink into each other's for a moment before realization seems to hit both of us, our smiles slowly fading. He loosens his grip on my waist. I pull my hands away from his shoulders and to my chest. There it goes again, the mood shifting faster than I could keep up.

I don't know what to say, because I couldn't find the words. I know what I want but it's like the words dissolve on my tongue before I could get them out. I guess I'm just scared of what he'll say back, considering the conversation between us last night.

After almost a full minute of silence, his hands fall to his sides. He clears his throat, "I should go. We're getting closer to tour so our schedule is a little extra hectic."

I purse my lips and nod, "Okay. I'll call you later?" Right when the words leave from my mouth, his face forms the same expression he had last night, and I feel my heart start to drop.

He sighs, running his tongue along his bottom lip, "I'm sorry..." The look on his face awakens the panic in me.

I suck in a breath. "Sorry about what? What are you talking about?" I don't know why I asked that. I knew exactly what he meant but my mind couldn't wrap around it or accept it. I start to suddenly feel every breath I took get harder as I stared at him, waiting for him to speak again.

"I like you. Fuck, I like you but..." He trails off before continuing. "Remember what I said to you about Management finding sneaky and twisted ways to break us apart?"