Chapter Nine: First Date

𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏' 𝒏𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕
𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔.

Selena's POV

"What do you plan on wearing?" Taylor asks me. I shrug, taking another bite of my salad. I haven't really thought about what to wear, all I've been thinking about is how it's going to go...we could get mobbed by paparazzi and it can just ruin the mood...as well as a ton of other horrible shit that comes with our job when we mix it with publicly dating.

"Did you guys figure out where to go?"

I close the container that held my salad and pull out my bag of Cheetos from the pantry, shrugging again. "No, he just told me he would pick me up at eight. I don't know, I don't want to make too much of a big deal out of it because that would mean my expectations would be high...and we all know there's a chance the date won't go so great."

"What do you mean?"

"Paparazzi."

Actually, if anyone knows how a date would be with Harry Styles, it would be Taylor...but I feel like it would just be awkward if I asked her about something like that...I know she isn't mad about us or anything but it would still be an awkward conversation...

I look at the clock to see how much time I have until Harry comes. It's only five o'clock but knowing me, I'll take hours to get ready...especially if Taylor is here to help me. We usually get sidetracked by little conversations and jamming out to music.

When we make it to my room, I search through my closet for something to wear tonight. Taylor lays on my bed and waits for me to show her my options. I take out a short lace white dress, long black dress with a slit on the side, and a maroon dress with yellow flowers. When I lay them on the bed next to her, she stares at the dresses for a few seconds before picking up the black one.

"This one," she tells me. "Black always looks best on you. Plus, the slit makes it better." I stare at the dress and nod, putting the other ones back. She's right, it gives me nineties Jennifer Aniston vibes.

Just as I finish doing my makeup, my phone dings from a text message. I go to my phone on the nightstand with a smile, ignoring Taylor's snicker.

Harry Styles
Hey (:
I'll be there in about an hour. Can't wait to see you xx

Selena Gomez
Ok. Can't wait too (:

Even with the simplest things, he always makes me act like some giddy teenage girl around her crush...it's embarrassing but also kinda nice...I sort of forgot what that felt like. I connect my phone to the speakers and play some classic Britney songs. I can't believe how much time has passed already when I was doing my makeup, I really do get easily sidetracked when I'm with Taylor.

I look in the mirror and hope I did even remotely good without the help of my makeup artist. I turn to Taylor for approval since she seems to be a bit better at this kind of stuff than I am.

"Add a dark lip color, I think it'd go good with your outfit."

I grab a dark violet color and gently apply it to my lips, smiling at the result. It honestly pulls the whole look together.