Chapter Twenty: Love

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆, 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒔. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒔. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒓𝒉𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒎𝒔.

Harry's POV

11 months later

I run my hands through my hair with my head down, staring at my lap. With everything that has happened, I haven't been myself lately. I'm just hoping after tonight, I'll feel better. It feels like I haven't been happy in a while. Not truly happy, at least.

The only time I felt actual happiness was when I was working on the album with the boys and when I was on stage for tour. Now the album has been released and tour is over, and well, One Direction is over. At least for a little while.

flashback: march

"What?" That was the first word that came out of my mouth after hearing what had just came out of Zayn's. Everyone just kind of went silent and I didn't know what to say. I guess we all knew Zayn wasn't always having fun with our music but I would never guessed this would happen. I never thought he would leave the band.

Niall and Liam looked as shocked and sad as I did, but Louis looks almost mad? Anger mixed with sadness and shock, something I guess all of us are feeling but Louis is really wearing those emotions on his face.

"I just want you guys to know it has nothing to do with you," he tells us. "I just want to do something with me and write songs that I would enjoy and-"

"Wait, so you didn't enjoy our songs? You didn't enjoy the songs we wrote as One Direction? What, so all those years in the studio writing songs together and recording them was just an act?" Louis snapped at Zayn. Liam taps his leg to try to calm him down but it didn't work. "No, I'm fucking pissed, Zayn. That shouldn't come as a shock to you. You're like my brother. Just please, don't do this, Mate."

"No—it's not like that," Zayn sighs. "I'm just not feeling it as much, I guess. I haven't been for a while but like I said, it has nothing to do with you guys or our fans or-"

"I just don't understand," I finally speak. "I mean, what happened to make you not enjoy being in this band anymore? I'm just not getting it."

He looked away from me and sighed again, the room getting silent with tension. Louis was looking at the ground with his jaw clenched and Niall and Liam were just looking around at all of us, kind of speechless. I didn't want to get angry but how am I supposed to feel? This is Zayn leaving the band that we're talking about here. This isn't some fake rumor that was going viral on social media, this is real life.

I bitterly chuckle, "This is fucking bullshit."

"Harry," Niall narrows his eyes at me.

"No, Niall." I raise my voice. "You know this is bullshit, we all know this is bullshit. I'm not going sit here and act like I'm okay with one of my best mates leaving the band. I'm just-I'm not." I storm out of their room at the hotel we were staying at, since we were in the middle of our fucking tour.