Chapter Ten: Night Changes

𝑫𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔?

Selena's POV

My eyes plant on the marble-top desk, waiting for this 'meeting' to start. I look over at Harry to see him fiddling with the rings on his fingers with a frown on his face, probably used to this kind of stuff. My heart hurt at the thought of them treating him like this all the time...he doesn't deserve this.

I reach over and tangle our fingers together, and he looks at me with a small smile before giving my hand a gentle squeeze. His touch is just a warm as it was the first time...the feeling of the warmth traveling through my hand is satisfying...easing my nerves only slightly.

"So," One of the men finally speaks. "I believe you know why we are all here right now."

"Actually, we don't." Harry says quietly, looking at the man through his lashes. The glare he's sending him is deadly.

"You and Ms. Gomez have decided to go out on a date without notifying us," Another man scoffs. My face twists up at his words. Who do they think they are? Notifying?

"Last time I checked, whoever we go out with is none of your business. Stop making it your business." I feel Harry rub my hand with his thumb but I keep my glare on them. I want to say a lot more, but I know fighting wouldn't help anything...but I also can't help the anger firing through me. I mean seriously, they talk to us as if we're their puppets.

"It is our business," The woman says like it's a damn fact. "You two are signed to our management, which means whatever you do is our business- including something like this. You should have known better than this, Harry."

Oh my god. I want to tell her off for talking to Harry like that...I look over to him again. He's been very quiet and kept his head down most of the time, playing with my fingers. He would glare up at them when they spoke, but didn't say much...

"This isn't good for either of you," One of them says, pointing at the both of us. "Selena, you would get called out for being a bad best friend to Taylor for dating her ex-boyfriend. Not good for your public image." I roll my eyes and run my hand through my hair. The only person's opinion I care about when it comes to that is Taylor's, and she already told me she's okay with us.

They look at Harry next. "And you would get loads of hate from Bieber fans and having a girlfriend just wouldn't help right now. You just seen out with a woman recently."

"Because you guys made me," He says through gritted teeth. Made him? Oh...that woman...the one he was seen out with, that was a PR stunt. It confused me when I saw it at first, but I didn't mention anything about it because it really wasn't any of my business.

"Let's get to the point of this meeting," The man sighs, completely overlooking Harry's words. Aleen gives me a sympathetic look...she knows something.

"You two will not be allowed to see each other. No dates, no hang-outs, no pictures—nothing. We forbid any of it, period."

Harry stops playing with my fingers and both our mouths drop. I feel more anger rush through me...what the actual fuck? Am I heading them correctly? "What?"