Chapter Six: Somewhere to begin

𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏.

Harry's POV

The cold winter air is beating on my skin yet it wasn't even cold. I'm so used to England's winter weather, that when it gets 'cold' in California, It doesn't really bother me. I mean it can get pretty cold, just not as cold as I have experienced.

I really needed to get my mind off of things, so...I decided to take a long walk along some park I've been to many times before for this exact reason. Plus, despite the chilly weather, it's actually a pretty nice day outside. Although, of course, the rude and obnoxious guys with their cameras blinding my eyes aren't fucking helping.

I ignore the questions they keep bombarding me with. It was always the same old shit questions. More recently, they have been dropping a few comments about Selena Gomez ever since the few times pictures of us had reached the headlines, which was predictable. But it didn't last long since she was seen with her ex-boyfriend.

The thin black sweatshirt I'm wearing isn't cover me enough, I can feel the thick goosebumps rising on my skin. I walk over to my car and drive to Niall's place since he had texted me to meet him there as soon as I could. Have no idea why but I don't really have anything else to do.

After a few knocks, Niall opens the door. I practically run inside, freezing my fucking balls off just by standing out there for thirty seconds. Somehow the weather got even colder in the past hour. I'm in the middle of messing with my hair when I hear him shout to someone, causing me to look up with confusion.

"Harry's here!" I have no idea who he was shouting to because none of the boys could be here...they're all spending the day with their girlfriends. I furrow my eyebrows but then I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey!" Selena smiles at me...my lips part with shock. Fuck, I hadn't expected her to be here, out of anyone. I'm a little embarrassed Niall didn't tell me she was coming, I would have made myself look a little more presentable. Not like I just walked an hour in the winter wind with my face flushed and my hair an absolute mess...

"Hello," I smile back and pull her into a quick embrace. Her hair is soft against my face and it smells like Coconut...why the hell am I smelling her hair? Anyway...

"I asked Selena to hang out with me but she said she wouldn't come over if I didn't invite you," Niall jokes with a pout. I burst into laughter as the offended expression took over Selena's face.

She swats his arm lightly, "I did not!"

Niall lets out an even louder laugh and we join him a few seconds later, his laugh being just as contagious as it's always been. Selena's laugh was a bit contagious as well...quite cute, actually.

"So what do you guys wanna do?"

"Let's just hang out?" Selena suggests with a shrug and we nod. I'm honestly too exhausted to go out and do something, the whole week has been hectic as hell with working on the album. This whole month, actually.  "What have you guys been up to?"