Chapter Sixteen: You

𝑰𝒇 𝑰 𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆. 𝑾𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅?

Selena's POV

This week has been the most hectic. I've been working on more songs for the album and planning a single release soon. It feels like I've been working nonstop. I don't mind though, I like it. Music is my escape, my distraction. It's also a good way to vent all my emotions out.

I stare down at the little notebook in my hand that had written words on the pages, singing into the microphone, "I got so much shit to say but I can't help feeling like I'm camouflaged. Fortress around my heart. You were mine just yesterday and now I have no idea who you are, it's like you camouflage."

"But it's good to see you here again. I don't want to say goodbye. But it's about half past ten and I have to catch my ride." I puff out a breath and take off the headphones, looking out the window of the booth to see my mom staring at me with tearful eyes and a smile. I chuckle and look away.

I had wrote that song about how I feel with Harry, and how being torn apart from each other is starting to make me feel like we're camouflaged from each other. It hurt to sing the lyrics but it also kind of felt good, putting my heart out like that.

"That was beautiful," Mom hugs me as soon as I walk out of the recording booth.

I chuckle again. "I was thinking we could make Camouflage with a piano melody. I think it'd sound beautiful. What do you think?" I ask Nolan and Hector, and they nod at my suggestion.

"That would be perfect, actually," Hector says. "We can get started on that next week though. You did a lot this week and today, so go get some rest. We'll have Same Old Love almost complete by next week too."

I smile in excitement, "Okay. Thank you guys for helping with this album, I really appreciate it."

Nolan and Hector smile, hugging me before packing their things and leaving the studio. I grab my phone and see that I had a text from Sarah, asking me if I was coming to Francia's party. I think for a minute, debating on it. Her parties are huge and everyone comes, and usually I wouldn't mind, but chances are, I might see Harry there.

It's hard to stay away from him when I see his presence, reminding me how warm it used to feel to be in his arms. But knowing Francia, she will probably have my head if I skip this party- since I usually go every year. It's our tradition to get drunk off vodka shots and embarrassingly dance to the loud music at these parties.

I sigh quietly and text Sarah that I would be there, praying to God that I wouldn't regret this.

Peeling the silk covers off of me, I sit up with my eyes barely open. I decided to take an hour nap as soon as I got home from the studio, I knew I didn't have enough energy to party right away so I texted my friends and told them I'd be there in a few hours.

I walk to the bathroom and freshen up, brushing my hair out with a comb to get the tangles out that formed during my slumber. I change out of my shirt and sweatpants and slip into a simple black dress, looking at myself in the mirror to make sure it looked fine. After putting on some makeup, I put on some heels and sprit some perfume on myself, grabbing my phone to text Sarah that I was ready.

Human (ON HOLD.)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara