Chapter Nineteen: Please Don't Leave Me

𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏, 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒘, 𝒏𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒕.

Selena's POV

The sound of the clocks ticking and my fingers tapping against the marble-material table is the only sound that is heard, along with one of the men of the management sighing every few minutes due to Harry being late. I tried to call in sick for this meeting but Aleen insisted, being mad at me as well. I didn't get much of a lecture from her and my mom, just some silent treatment. That'll most likely change after this meeting is over—if it's ever over. These things could last a lifetime sometimes.

My straightened hair is starting to stick to me due to the sweat that's developing from how nervous I am right now, nervous to what they're going to say to us and what's they're going to do. It's not like they can actually keep us from seeing each other and talking to each other, that'd be crazy...Well, then again, 'crazy' is the epitome of management.

The door opens and Harry gives us all a half smile, seating himself next to me. When I scoot myself closer to him out of habit, they all narrow their eyes at us but don't say anything about it.

"I assume we all know why we are all here today, correct?" One of the men say—who I believe goes by the name of Joel, "Ms. Gomez and Mr. Styles have completely disregarded our requirement of the two not being seen together." They all look at us with disappointment. I want to scream. Why are they treating us like we're five years old?

"With all due respect, I don't like being told what to do," Harry speaks first. I look at him and then back at management. "If I want to be with Selena and if Selena wants to be with me, I think we have a right to our own decisions. This hasn't put much negativity on us anyway so I don't see the problem."

I smile and grab his hand from under the table. I inhale a deep breath and add, "When I signed up to be in the industry, this isn't what I signed up for. I want to be able to be with whoever I want without you guys 'forbidding' it." I roll my eyes at the ridiculous word.

Mom and Aleen eye me with warning but I ignore them, raising my eyebrow at the men of Modest! Management. They all look each other with clenched jaws and pursed lips, clearly still pissed. They don't look like they're leaning towards agreeing with me and Harry. I know it's a shot in the dark to even try with them, they're determined to control our lives and make sure we look perfect—even if sometimes the decisions they make, they're doing the complete opposite.

The other man, Neil, finally chooses to speak. He leans over the table, "We aren't going to give in to your poor fight. You two disobeyed our request to stay away from each other because we do not need the media seeing that. Obviously you two don't care and aren't serious about your jobs—"

"That's not true—" I start but was cut off by the woman, Tracy.

"You are signed to our management, which means you do what you are told to do. You may not like it, but it's your job." She says with a snarky look on her face. I find myself wishing I could yank her dirty blonde hair out of that ridiculously tight bun.

"No, that's not our job," Harry raises his voice. Simon attempts to tell him to lower it, only to be ignored. "Our job is writing and singing songs that we enjoy and let our fans hear them. Our job is to do what we enjoy and put out albums and singles and movies and feel good about it because that's what we love to do. Not be controlled by you mother fu—"