Chapter Fifteen: Met Gala

𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉. 𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒉. 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆.

Harry's POV

"Ready?" Liam asks as they all stand by the door of our dressing room, waiting for me. I slowly nod and look in the mirror, looking over my attire one last time. All I wanted was to take it all off, get into bed and just sleep.

I hate going to events like these. I hate going to events period now, it was just torture for me. Because sometimes, she would be there. That wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that I had to ignore her like she was some stranger, and she had to do the same to me. Pretend that whatever we had just some months ago didn't exist. I hate it.

"I just need a minute," I tell them. They all nodded before leaving alone in the room.

Louis comes in and closes the door a few seconds later, sitting in the chair beside me. I ignore his stare, wanting to avoid any pitiful conversation that he was trying to have. I had gave the boys a brief explanation of what happened between me and Selena, but when they wanted to me to elaborate further, I just shook off their questions.

"Have you heard from her?" He asks.

"Why would I hear from her? Did you not hear what I told you guys?" I scoff in annoyance, running a hand through my hair stressfully.

"Bloody hell. It was just a question." He scoffs back, "I heard from Niall that she was coming tonight."

I sigh and rub my face with my hands, standing up, "I know. You guys really don't have to baby me about this. I'm fine."

"No, you aren't," Louis fights. "You haven't been yourself in a while. All we want to do is help." I know what he means–I know what all the boys mean. But all I want is her and to be around her and that isn't even allowed. What am I supposed to do about that?

"Let's just go," I tell him, walking out of the dressing room.

The thousands of flashes per minute immediately bombard us, something that you would think we would get used to with all the events we have gone to over the years. This event was kind of specifically about getting pictures of the artists wearing whatever they are wearing. I adjust the edges of my blazer and try to look at the cameras. We all just stand there.

Suddenly we hear someone call out to us, "Here they are, the boys of One Direction!"

We all greet the interviewer but I kind of stay back, not in the mood to answer any questions tonight. Luckily the boys got what I was doing and started to do all the answering.

"So, you had released your fourth album almost three months ago and you are rumored to be going on tour very soon..." The interviewer who I believe introduced herself as Megan starts.

Liam is the first to speak, "Yeah, we're really excited about that. We haven't been on the road for a while and we're just excited to be doing what we love most about our jobs, really."