Chapter Eight: Fresh Start

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒐𝒘.

Selena's POV

My eyelids flutter open and fly back shut when unexpected light hits my eyes. Fuck...I wince and rub them, opening them back up slowly to see the bright light beaming through my sheer curtains. When I realize I was sleeping in my living room, I furrow my eyebrows. That's when I realize that my head is laying on someone's chest...I bolt up and see Harry sleeping. What the hell? When did we fall asleep?

I look to the TV and see Friends playing quietly. Finally the memories adjust back in mind, remembering the long conversations me and Harry had all night about random stuff. We turned on Friends to watch it, but I guess we fell asleep soon after because I don't remember much after that...

He shuffles behind me and I turn around to look at him. His eyes open and he furrows his eyebrows too, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. His lips curve into a sleepy smile and I giggle...I've never seen him in this state before, messy sleep curls and puffy morning face. He looks adorable.

"Guess we were a little knackered," He laughs, his voice deeper and raspier than usual, which I find myself liking...a lot. He sits up and I scoot away from him, realizing I'm still basically sitting on him. "What time is it?"

"Um," I drag the word, searching for my phone that has sunk in the couch cushions. I find it and press the home button. "It's 9AM."

"Oh, shit," He stretches, standing up from the couch. He grabs his hat that's sitting on the coffee table and covers his long curls that are messily sprawled across his head. "I have to get back to the boys soon, we're all supposed to meet at ten-thirty."

"Oh..." I nod and get up, tying my hair into a bun. For some reason I find myself wishing he could stay a little bit longer... "Do you want some breakfast first? I have cereal."

I smile when he nods and follows me into the kitchen, hearing his boots click against the hard-wood floor. I can't believe he slept in those...I hope he wasn't too uncomfortable.

I reach for the Captain Crunch and grab the milk, pouring them into two bowls. He stands there with a lop-sided grin, his cheeks still flushed and puffy from waking up a few minutes ago.

"Are you excited about releasing the album?"

"I am," He grins. "Remember to let me know what you think." He winks and I bite my lip to suppress a giggle. Why the hell does he make me so giddy? He takes another bite of his cereal and I space out, getting lost in my thoughts with the sound of cereal crunching and the slurping of milk.

It took me a long time to be able to get myself on the road to just...move on. And I haven't been able to admit it because it seemed silly and weird, but...Harry has been a huge part in that. It's puzzling to explain...for these past months, he's been a great friend to me, but something about him made me so drawn to him. It wasn't always like that though. He used to just be Harry Styles, that cute guy from the band that Taylor went out on a few dates with, but ever since that first night he came to my house...I found myself looking at him differently.

I wasn't sure at first, I was still with Justin so I didn't want to think that...but now I know. At first it was our friendly bond we had, then it just progressed to something else. I just haven't been able to admit that until now...this very moment. Whether it's his unbelievable kindness or goofy personality...I feel something whenever I'm around him.