Chapter Eleven: Breaking my walls

𝑷𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, '𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏. 𝑹𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰'𝒎 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔.

Selena's POV

"Wait, you were in the bathroom while your own band won their award?" I laughed, earning a nod from him. I let out another loud laugh, my eyelids squeezing shut. He looks at me with a playful glare before laughing himself.

"I had to take a wee!" He whines, his accent making the words sound adorable. He dramatically sighs, "You wouldn't understand. The restrooms were ages away, you had to be there."

"Okay," I say in a mock tone, pouring more orange juice into my glass.

When we woke up, our bodies were still tangled together. It was a great way to start the morning. The only downside was how much we were both sweating, which made me want to take a shower. But I didn't, I didn't want to be rude. Instead we turned on some music and made some breakfast.

His hair was messy, he looked like baby Tarzan. It has gotten so long. His lips were pink and plump from his sleepy state and his eyes still formed bags under them. I tried not to pay attention to the fact that he was shirtless, only wearing his skinny black jeans. The art on his body was fascinating to look at, I have to admit.

"What are you doing today?" He asks after a minute. I think for a second.

"I'm actually going to the studio for some music," I tell him with a smile. This song has been something I've been working on for a while and I'm really excited with how it's going to work out. It's kind of different from the usual music I released in the past.

He raises his eyebrows in surprise and smiles, "That's exciting. When do I get to hear it?"

I chuckle, "When it comes out."

He pouts, "Hey."

"Hello," I tease, grabbing our empty bowls and putting them in the sink. When I turn around, I see him slipping on his shirt and putting his shoes and hat on. "You're leaving?"

"Yeah. It's something about tour or some shit like that." He tells me. I nod. "I'll call you. Thank you for letting me stay over. I had a wonderful time last night." He bends down a little to kiss my cheek, and a smile forms on my face.

"I had a good time too."

"Bye, Love."

When he leaves, I feel all giddy and can't stop the big smile from forming. This is the first time I felt like this way in a while. I almost forgot what the feeling felt like—cheeks hurting from smiling so much and the little buzz in my stomach.

I quickly get dressed and brush my teeth, excited about working on new music. It was my favorite part of the day. I've been working nonstop on this album lately and it's really coming together. Pretty soon, I'll be releasing it. It's crazy because it feels like just yesterday I was starting it, and now I'm about to release the first single from it.

When I make it to the recording studio, paparazzi and fans are screaming and going crazy. Some of what they were screaming about was Harry, which didn't surprise me. What surprised me was how little they mentioned Justin. His name used to be basically the only thing they would ask me about.