Chapter Seventeen: What?

𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒆, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

Harry's POV

"I know, I heard you." I wake up to the sound of Selena's voice talking to someone, she whispers for my benefit but I can still hear her. "If you expect me to apologize, I'm not going to so you're just going to be disappointed."

I turn to lay my side and face her, seeing her picking at the fabric on her pajama bottoms with a frown on her face. She snaps her head towards me and gives me a weak smile, mouthing to me that she was on the phone with her manager. I nod, figuring much so.

"Fine. I'm sorry," She huffs. "I'm sorry that I went and hung out with one of my friends. I'm sorry that that's such a problem for management–"

"You know what you did, Selena!" I hear her manager yell from the phone.

She purses her lips but says nothing back, obviously too upset to. I guess we knew this was coming, getting an earful from our managers and management. I still have yet to turn on my phone and answer to Simon. I knew that I shouldn't have walked out with her, we knew that. But it's something about being around her, the feeling I get. It's like she's my weakness.

I sigh and prop myself up, wrapping my arm around Selena and pulling her closer to me. I didn't like to see her so upset, especially over these bloody idiots. Now that I was a bit closer to her, I could hear what the woman was saying to her clearer.

"I'm sorry..." The woman sighs through the phone. "But this is serious. You can't fool around like this anymore. You do not know what they can do to you, to the both of you. The stunt you and Harry pulled—"

"The only stunt we pulled was pretending to be strangers and you know it, Aleen," Selena cut her off harshly, the anger obviously getting to her. Her nostrils were flared and her jaw was in a tight clench. I rub the sides of her arms in attempt to cool her down, but the angry expression glues to her face.

"Just be ready by twelve. You have an interview today talking about Good For You."

She rolls her eyes and hangs up, throwing her phone at the foot of the bed. Without another word, she wraps her arms around my torso and cuddles into me. I smile, planting a kiss at the top of her head.

I hear her sniffle and a small wet spot forms on my shirt. I adjust my head to look at her, her face flusters when I notice the tears falling from her eyes. She chuckles and wipes them away, "I'm sorry. I'm being so dramatic right now and it's ruining the day–"

I gently squeeze her and kiss her forehead, "You didn't ruin the day. That was all management." I assure her.

"Why does it have to be like this?" Her soft voice croaks. "Why does it have to be so miserable when all I wanted to do was do what I love and express what I'm passionate about?"

"Tell me about it," I mumble against her forehead, letting my lips linger there.

"I'm sorry," She apologizes again.

"Sorry for what?"

"This was all my idea and now it's my fault we're in this mess," She sighs. "I knew management was going to be pissed and god knows what they are going to do to us now."