Chapter 24

The girl in the picture is Audrey.

The devil in the leather jacket

Chapter 24

"So what does that bitch wants from you now?" Enzo asked sipping his beer while looking at Logan.

Logan glanced down to now sleeping Chloe cuddled in his arms and then looked up to Enzo.

"She tried threatening me that if I didn't help get Anton she will do something to her sister that we both will regret." By hearing that Enzo clenched his jaw and closed his eyes. He could still hear her soft voice ringing in his ears and the smile that made him relax and be calm.

"That slut still have the audacity to bring Maria up to make things work her way. She needs to level up."

"I know. That's what I told. Now that Chloe is here I don't think I can take anymore risk with her. We need to step up in the game. We were gone for long but now it's our time to come back and show what we really are."

"Fair enough. Anyway, it was getting boring sitting still and doing nothing. My hands are aching to do the killings." Enzo smirked and sipped his beer empty.

Logan looked down and saw Chloe sleeping innocently. He felt selfish but he couldn't just leave her now. He had her now and it will be too hard to leave her. He looked up and saw Enzo looking at them and pain shinning up in his eyes. He sigh. He knew his friend's pain.

"Don't worry, Enzo. We will find her. I already made calls and we have made contacts with the foreign mafias who had worked with Victoria and eager enough to help us bring her down. They know about her and we will surely find something about Maria." But Enzo just nodded. He didn't want Logan to stress because of him. It was his problem to deal and it made him useless when Logan had to interfere in it.

"I did some research too. The last time she was seem was the east side of Fransisco's territory. Which means she is at the opposite side of the country and it's too dangerous over there considering Anton and Fransisco are the ones who have it all under control."

"So it leaves me with only one option."

"And what's that?" Enzo asked curiously.

"I will have to meet Anton."

"Will you now?" Enzo raised an eyebrow at Logan.

"If it means protecting Chloe than so be it. I can't risk losing her. You have seen yourself as an example and I don't want that to happen with me." Enzo nodded in agreement.

"Fair enough. And if we want to get back in the game we have to come with a really nice plan making the others feel our presence." Logan approved by nodding.

"Call a meeting tomorrow. I need everyone there with every single detail of the others moment and intentions. I want their every movement." With that Logan got up and carried sleeping Chloe with him to his room.

Once tucking her in he sat on her side and brought his hand and caressed her cheek lightly.

"From now on you will see the different me Chloe. I will be the Logan everyone will fear and bow at my knees. But you know what? I am scared. Yes, Chloe I am scared for the first time. Before I loved the fact that everyone quivered under my glare. You know why I am scared? Because this time you will be there. I am scared you will not like the person I am in the world where I belong." Logan whispered lightly and sighed. He closed his eyes and kissed Chloe's temple and made his way to the other side of the bed and scooted Chloe towards him and fell asleep with her in his arms.