Chapter 28

The devil in the leather jacket

Chapter 28

Before starting I would like to inform that this chapter will contain flashback. This chapter will clear the doubts why Anton left and what's the matter with Logan's mother.

Enjoy.

Andrew stepped forward to the till of the broken side of the bridge. His heartbeat quicken thinking of what he's about to do. He closed his eyes and breath in the fresh cold air with a tint of smell of water floating underneath the bridge in which he was soon about to jump.

Andrew was just a fifteen year old kid. He knew what he was about to do was not right. But he couldn't help it. Those nightmares kept coming back again and again from that day. It was like this was the only option he left.

Andrew was thankful for his uncle to come in and take him under his care but he couldn't help but feel like a burden to them.

He kept running from those nightmares but now it was time to face it and do what he deserves.

In his eyes killing himself was the best option he had left. He killed his own father but that was not why he wanted to die. He didn't regret killing him but regret he couldn't help his mother when his father killed her.

It killed him to see her mother being killed in front of his eyes without able to do anything. 

A tear dropped from his eyes to the join the water underneath him. He closed his eyes and looked up to the stars spread over the night sky.

'I am coming to you mom. Just wait for me up there.'

________

Logan came back from playing basketball with his friends and opened up the front door to his house. He dropped the bag carelessly on the floor and made his way to his room to have a shower as he was smelling of sweat. He was taking out his clothes when he saw a paper folded neatly on the table. Out of curiosity he walked up to it and picked it up. As he unfolded the paper and his eyes travelling on the words he quickly ran out of the room towards his parents who were working in the kitchen.

Logan quickly went up to his dad who was busy chopping the onions.

"Dad we need to go, NOW. Andrew left again and this time he left a suicide note. Dad we need to get to him fast before he does someth-". But Logan stopped when his dad, Mikel Carter, cursed and quickly went around him with his wife behind him who already heard Logan and started making their way out of the house.

Logan was about to follow them but his father turned towards him and made him stop.

"No. You stay here. If Andrew decided to come back I want you to be here and call us, okay?" Logan agreed reluctantly and saw his parents going out of the house.

What he didn't know was that this was the last time watching them walk out of the door. If only he knew this would be the last time he would see his father's demanding voice or his mother's soft eyes, he would have stopped them. He would have done anything to make sure they were still alive.

Logan pulled on his hair frustratingly and plopped on the couch before taking out his phone and calling Andrew wishing for him to pick up.

Logan knew that Andrew was having a hard time losing his family but Logan always thought of Andrew as his own real brother more than just his cousin. He did everything he could to make him feel at home and help him get over his past.

His parents and him brought Andrew six months ago and always tried to him feel home but nothing happened. Andrew was comfortable only with Logan's mother, Lyla, but that didn't help enough ad he tried to escape multiple times but be unsuccessful every single time. But this time it was different. This time he was ran away to commit suicide and Logan prayed for his parents to reach him before it gets too late.