Hazel

Hazel walks down the street to the bus top with only two thoughts in mind. What time it is, and Nico. Life is not easy for her and her half brother. 

Bianca, (Hazel's half sister that she never knew and Nico's actual sister) lived all the way across country, attending Artemis's school for girls. Nico and their mom Maria lived close by. Bianca and Maria died in a car wreck a few years back. Hazel didn't know all the details of the story, and no one cared to tell her. Ever since Bianca and Maria died, Nico's life has been a living hell. He was forced to move in with his dad and step mom. 

Hazel truly feels sorry for her brother, but her life has not been easy either. Her mother is a bitch and Hazel tries to love her and be nice, but it is like the woman hates her. She wishes that she could live with her dad so she could keep Nico safe. She is tired about worrying if every time she sees him it will be the last. 

She checks her phone, 9:30. The bus pulls to a stop and Hazel gets on. She sits somewhere in the middle of the bus. 

"Hey, have you been crying?" the guy sitting a few seat over asks concerned. He looks Chinese,  maybe sixteen, with dark short hair, and dark brown eyes that sparkled, he was muscular too.  "Yeah..." Hazel says wiping her eyes. "That obvious, huh?" She gives him a half smile. The guy sits next her and hands her a tissue. Hazel takes it and wipes her eyes. "Thank you..." She says with a fake smile. "Why are you crying?" he asks meeting her eyes. 

Hazel hates lying but she does not like opening up about her private life either. "My brother... He tried to kill himself... He tried to drown himself, in a bath tub..." Hazel found herself telling this guy everything about her short crappy life. How from the time she was born her mother thought of her as a curse, how she has to be a 'doll' to protect her mother's reputation, how she has to spend weekends at her dad's, how she has to worry about Nico all the time, how she never knew her half sister Bianca, and she basically told him her whole life story. 

The guy was a good listener. Hazel never thought an older guy would talk to her. Especially one that was as good looking as him. Hazel never wanted to stop talking to him. It was nice to unload everything that she has been holding in for so long. It was nice to have someone that would listen. The guy's eyes never glazed over as she talked. He was actually listening.  

The bus stopped moving and Hazel knew it was time for her to get off. The guy moved to let her out, then sat back down.  Hazel walked down the isle and was about to get off when the guy called, "Wait!" He ran up to her. "I never got your name." 

"Hazel," she said, taking a step back. "Hazel Levesque." 

"Frank," the guy smiled. "Frank Zhang." 

Hazel smiled at him and got off the bus. She watched the bus pull away before heading for home.

Village of Secrets (pjo/hoo fanfic) [On Hold]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara